“Oh my gosh.....heavenly goodness!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Portofino
Ranked #476 of 4,238 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League
Vancouver, Washington
“Oh my gosh.....heavenly goodness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I took my husband to Portofino's last night for his Birthday. I wanted to try something new so I started to do research on Italian restaurants in Portland. I read all the reviews, looked at all the pictures, and read about each restaurant what the had to say about their establishments. After a couple of days of doing so I decided that Portofino's would be my choice. Well, I have to say that indeed I chose a winner here! The owner Seth was our server. He was fantastic. We ordered the steamer claims that came in a delicious tomato sauce, the little potato things (I cannot remember the name) and the caprese salad for appetizers. The caprese salad was served with balsamic vinaigrette that has aged for 20 years. I couldn't stop rubbing the delicious sour dough bread in it! We then had our main courses. My husband ordered what is not even on the menu: chicken Parmesan with spaghetti and meat sauce and I had their special the chanterelle pasta with pine nuts and bacon. Oh boy was the food so flavorful! Now onto the dessert! We ordered the sea salt and caramel gelato and the marionberry and peach cobbler with cinnamon gelato. The sea salt and caramel gelato about blew my roof off! Wow, I was instantly in love! . We topped the meal off with a bottle of Malbec. I have to say that we had no clue what to order.....well I didn't so I just ordered what Seth recommended! A+ and high five to this place! We will be returning soon:)

2 Thank Krista39

Reno, Nevada
“Run the other way”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went there with family , food not good had the bouillabaisse it was bland to say the least not all the ingredients that were on the menu were in the dish?? Wife had the seafood risotto over cooked service was lacking. If I were you look somewhere else for Italian.

1 Thank cruisincoupleReno
Denver, Colorado
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited one evening with others during recent visit to area.
Pastas were home made and excellent. Reasonably priced by the glass chianti wine was very good.
It was midweek and restaurant was short staff. Received free 2nd glass of wine because of delay in service.
Nice small cozy atmosphere.

Portland
“Great food, questionably snooty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food here is great and the owner/staff is more than happy to suggest a wine based on your dinner selection. I think that is wonderful. However, sometimes they seem to be a little snooty when there is no apparent reason for it. It seems as though they were expecting someone more important than you, and now they are stuck serving you. When that doesn't happen, the atmosphere is nice. Cozy little place, which is much nicer and food definitely better than Gino's down the block.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Comment_N_Review
Portland, Oregon
“Food is Marginal at Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Food was so so, the service is also, very abrupt and not really knowledgeable about their limited
menu. Absolutely no ambiance inside, old table and chairs. And outside your eating among the fumes of autos on a busy street. All in all a bad experience!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Portofino? Share your experiences!