“Like eating in Rome”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I love this place. It is small but that is how places in Italy are to eat. The food is great and so is the staff. My husband and I have eaten here many times and will continue to return. We have tried many different dishes and have loved them all.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Love this place! have eaten here 5 times now and will continue. their scampi pasta dish has the freshest scampi I've ever had and the tiramasu- it is absolutely worth saving space for! As the title implies this is more truly italian fare- NOT drenched in sauces so you cannot "taste" the ingredients. The dishes have a good balance of flavors. Highly recommend this place but notice that it is harder to get in than it used to be without reservations but I am happy for them (and sad for me since I will lhave to plan a little better in the future!)

Reviewed February 17, 2012

They have a nice menu, but the Lasagne is the BEST I have ever had. The portions are large, but the lasagne is light and flavorful. If you love lasagne, this is the place to come to!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This was my 2nd visit. First time was with my husband, we loved it. Nothing too fancy, small dining room, maybe 12-15 smaller tables, but great service and great food. Think I had a special mushroom pasta dish last time I was in, so I had the lasagna last night. Basic, I know, but in a place like this, I figured a basic dish has to be amazing and it was. Looking forward to the leftovers for lunch today. My friend had the beef & barolo made w/fresh pasta. It was good, but I would like to try the pork chop next time. Great wine list, bread from Grand Central Baking & olive oil to start, we split a caesar salad, and we didn't have room for dessert. Quaint and cozy (but not cheesy) atmosphere, and there is a parking lot in back of the building which is handy. It was nice because we could talk and catch up - so many restaurants are too loud. There is also a small bar that you can sit at and have a drink & appetizers. Definitely recommend if you're looking for a relaxing place with great food and service, kind of like going to Grandma's for an Italian dinner.

1  Thank redshoegirl
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Sellwood is a terrific local neighbourhood in Portland Oregon. Dining at Portofino was an enjoyable experience for us upon arrival. We dined al fresco with an excellent bottle from the EXTENSIVE cartes des vins. Impressive. Food was fine if a tad pricy for what it was. Mixed experience: *Excellent* wine service, ordinary food service, overall a 'very good' and recommended.