“Liked it ... felt authentic and tasted really good!”
Review of Gustav's Bier Stube - CLOSED

Gustav's Bier Stube
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Gustav's is a favorite for casual dining. Serving lunch and dinner, the menu features a savory array of European and Northwest Specialties to suit any taste and appetite.
Los Angeles, California
“Liked it ... felt authentic and tasted really good!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Enjoyed this bite of Germany ... from the fondue (which was complimentary, since it was my first visit!) to the sausage sampler ... tasty and filling .. I especially liked the red cabbage .. and when I said I would prefer something other than the mashed potatoes, was offered a selection of other choices .. and I chose sauerkraut, which was great! ... liked the setting with the very German look .. just a fun place! My friends had the Rheinland feast, which looked to be a wonderful combination of meats ... and the roast pork, which I tasted, and found to be very nice.

• Visited August 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great German Potato Salad”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

What a surprise! I arrived early for my flight and had enough time to enjoy a sit down meal. I'm so glad I went to Gustav's. Even though it was busy Saturday lunch during college football season the wait staff was pleasant, timely, and attentive.

I ordered a beer flight, the BLTA on a croissant, and the German potato salad. All were good, but if I could have brought the potato salad home with me I would have! Very good. I was interested in trying the pretzels as well but the meal filled me up.

Key West
“Great food and Awesome Bloody Mary”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

checked out all the dining options in that wing of PDX and decided to try Gustav's. You know why? We saw they made a good size bloody mary! and it was great! Our food was really fast so it woul dbe a good choice even if you only have a short layover. We had a sound and the ruben, both were really good.
Will deff return if we find ourselves in PDX again.

Seattle, Washington
“Good happy hour specials”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When we're visiting Portland, we stop at either Gustav's location in Clackamas or the Stube on Sandy. Both locations have nearly identical menus. Our most recent meal was fondue and pretzel bergers with a weiss beer. The fondue was good (as always) and the pretzel was fantastic! Fairly large patty, well-seasoned and when ordered medium rare, just a little crust on the burger and pink in the center (and not too greasy). One of the better burgers I've had in a long time. I also love their German potato salad, tart and sweet and I think using apple cider vinegar.

And because we were there at 5 PM on Sunday, we got happy hour prices so ended up at $15/person for app/main course and drinks. Such a deal!

Minnesota
“German lunch”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Enjoyed the German cusine and the kids where able to get chicken strips. The rolls are crusty and WONDERFUL.

Visited August 2013