“A bit overpriced”

Gustav's Bier Stube
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Gustav's is a favorite for casual dining. Serving lunch and dinner, the menu features a savory array of European and Northwest Specialties to suit any taste and appetite.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Second trip to this restaurant. The food is still good, but I don't like the new menu pricing and I don't feel I got value for my money. The portions are a bit small for the price. Service was ok, but there were long waits for getting more water, checking on us, etc. For a bar type restaurant, the prices are too high.

There are newer reviews for Gustav's Bier Stube

Reviewed October 21, 2012

great happy hour menu. available both late afternoon and late night. This restuarant happens to be just down the hill from me but I would definitely drive over here if I lived elsewhere.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Had a fabulous pretzel and margarita before boarding. Fabulous customer service and nice atmosphere. Great food!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Ok, I have eaten at several locations in the Portland area and always enjoyed the food, service, and ambience. One of my favorites is breakfast at the airport-delicious and a great way to start the day. I love all the mustard and beer selections. Lots of really good sausage, potatoe pancake, etc. etc. Great value!

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

So this place is a tradition for myself and friends for any trips leaving PDX. The combination of quick hot food and beer is always too good to pass up.

Food always comes out quick and hot and the service is always great for refills and extras. My goto meal is the sausage trio, they still serve the warm German potato salad as opposed to the creamy mashed potatoes they have at the other Gustav's.

I also like to do their drink special for a beer and a shot. It's the perfect way to start off a vacation.