“Better than last time!”

Nicholas' Restaurant
Ranked #125 of 4,341 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: This is the original Nicholas Restaurant location, serving authentic Lebanese food since 1986.
Portland, OR
“Better than last time!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Edgar made the difference. This capable server made us feel at home and back to the extraordinary experience that Nicolas can be. We arrived early enough to get a table right away, and the restaurant filled up in five minutes, as happens every day. In spite of the crowds waiting to enjoy the food, they don't rush you. Wonderful, healthy, outstanding food!

• Visited March 2014

Tampa
“Excellent food”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was in Portland for a conference at the Oregon Convention Center, located in an area with few restaurants within reasonable walking distance. This was a terrific find for lunch. They also serve dinner and colleagues have recommended it for that also. I can't say enough about the food. You sit down and are immediately served a huge warm, hot pita-like bread. We ordered the meat mezza to share and a lentil soup each. The portions are very large and we were not able to finish the meal. (In fact, you see lots of people leaving with their doggie bags.) The lamb skewer was perfectly seasoned and cooked; the hummus clearly freshly made; the tabbouleh some of the best I've had--not too much onion and lots of tender parsley. (Yes, I've had it when it was made with tough parsley leaves.) I can't say enough about the restaurant. I hear they have several branches, all of them supposedly as good. Very, very good value also.

• Visited March 2014
Portland
“good and different”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This small, but enchanting restaurant is a great place to go for a change of pace that tastes great. A couple can order two or three different items and not break your budget. Lebanese food is exotic if you are only use to the basics. Try it, it just might be your fav new taste.

• Visited September 2013
Reno, Nevada
“I go everytime I'm in PDX!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Can't remember how I happened on this place - but since I've first been I've been going back over and over! I call it "crack rice" that they serve on the side to everything - no idea what they put in it but it's addicting. MUST get the kafta (ground beef) kabobs. MUST get the mezza with the pita and the hummus. MUST get the stuffed grape leaves. MUST overorder and eat too much and still go home with enough leftovers for tomorrow night! And MUST get turkish coffee to end the night!

• Visited June 2013
Orange, California, United States
“Excellent Lebanese Food”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

There are good vegetarian options at Nicholas, which has become one of my favorite restaurants anytime that we visit Portland. The food is excellent and is a great value, with plentiful food given for the amount of money. I especially enjoy the vegan mezza. This is a great place to spend time with friends and enjoy a large pita together!

• Visited December 2013