“We still think about Le Happy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 127 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Northwest District
denver
“We still think about Le Happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We went to Le Happy twice while on our first trip to Portland. After visiting Paris it was great to be able to find a comparable crepe in the U.S.. We thought the food was good, the portions were generous, service was friendly and the prices were right.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank alliejg2

Portland, OR
“Crepes and a PBR”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Love Le Happy - $5 for a crepe and PBR the last time I was there, I think. Savory, or sweet, with some saucy waiters. =)

“Deliciously Crammed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have visited the tiny place once, and loved it. The food is so good, offering all kinds of crepes (in French) and other little French dishes like salads, soups and a few entrees. Both savory and sweet crepes. The atmosphere is fantastic, I enjoy a small place with gentle lighting and delightful people.
The only downfall.... Every time I go, it is always packed. Every seat is taken, even as late at 10pm. If you want a seat, you probably should go early or avoid it on Saturdays unless you feel groovy waiting by the front door while watching everybody eat. Be my guest. :)
Oh yeah, Le crepe vegan is not a vegan crepe they serve. Lol

Ladera Ranch, California
“Le Happy or Le Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

I went to Le Happy with big expectations, I just happen to love crepes and I'm not near a good enough cook to pull them off at home. So when I went to Le Happy I honestly expected the best crepes that I've ever had, since prior to this experience I had only eaten crepes at Shari's and Elmers. Well Elmer's crepes beat these crepes by far. These crepes were really just glorified wheat tortilla pockets with little filliing. Or what about their "famous" salad crepes, well that's just a cheese filled wheat pocket with an average salad on top. The waiting staff didn't look so "happy" but that was maybe because it was 40 degrees inside there except in the bathrooms. I'm not saying don't go there and check it out for yourself, I'm just saying don't go there with high expectations.

• Visited January 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Unique Portland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Here is a place were the ambiance is better than the actual food. Well, just a little better. We dropped in around 9:30pm on a Saturday night and were surprised to find the last table for two.

I assumed this was a French restaurant (due to the french spelling on the menu and the fact that all they make is crepes...), so I ordered some Pernod Ricard. The waitress seemed confused, so I ordered a Spanish Coffee - wonderful by the way! My friend had the Hello Kitty and it was also delicious.

We order two crepes, La Provance and clover/honey/lemon (Giel?). I was surprised in a place were all they make were crepes that my dessert crepe wasn't lighter and flakier. Overall, the flavors were there but I'm just used to a more traditional French-style crepe.

This is one of those restaurants (like Le Pigeon) where you walk in and you could be anywhere in the world. Thank you for being in Portland!

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Le Happy? Share your experiences!