Recommended experiences in and around Portland
Haunted Pub Tour
67 Reviews
from $48.00
from $89.00
from $89.00
from $69.00
More Info
All reviews ghost stories beer tour haunted pub tour our tour guide great tour great beer dark past fun stories shanghai tunnel portland's past different beers a lot of fun small group great fun local history tyler spooky
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Katie is extremely knowledgeable about Portland's dark past. She's a history major, and it made sense considering she knew so many small and specific details about everything she was talking about. I loved how educational the whole experience was, and going down into the basements and learning about the ghosts that linger there was so exciting.

I loved the beer samples especially Cucumber Steve from Old Town Brewing. It may be one of my favorite beers ever. Katie also mentioned a beer (I can't remember what it's called or the brewery it's from; Port-chata I think?) but I didn't get to try it so I guess that means I have to go to Portland again lol.

Overall this tour was very informative and engaging. Beer and ghosts stories are a great duo.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Alan our tour host was great! Everyone on the tour had a great time. A lot of good beer was drunk and no beer was left behind!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was an okay tour. One thing about walking tours is that the tour guide thinks everyone can hear them. They need to stop and let people circle around and then talk. Walking ahead of the group and talking with your back to them is not very productive. Also, it really lacked in the beer part. And all stories ended with "Ta-Da" Giggle, Giggle. Which of course was annoying.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Through a miscommunication, the tour guide wasn't there at 7PM. Everyone waited and Kell's brought the beer samples. The owner, Tyler, made up for it by giving us a great tour himself. He apologized and offered a refund, but everyone wanted to go on the tour and we even added a few. We had a great time, and a few extra beers Tyler arranged didn't hurt. This was a perfect way to celebrate the Full Moon on Friday the 13th. Thank you, Tyler, for making it worth the wait.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
BeerQuest W, Owner at BeerQuest Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the kind words, I’m so glad you enjoyed the tour! I enjoyed giving it as well. This was the first time in 8 years that we had the tour guide mix up so hopefully it will be at least another 8 years before that happens again! Cheers

Tyler

Reviewed September 8, 2019

My gf and I had the pleasure of Katie being our guide on 9/5. She was very knowledgeable and very entertaining. She also shared a couple personal ghost stories that were great. Would do again, highly recommend!