“Fun Tour Guide + Tasty Beer = Great Night Out”

BeerQuest Walking Tours
Ranked #16 of 104 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: BeerQuest Walking Tours takes you to the best pubs and breweries on foot. You’ll taste award-winning beer, learn the craft of brewing from expert local guides, and explore Portland's wicked past of infamous characters and vices. Sample the city's vibrant beer culture on the Brewery Tour or jump on the Haunted Pub or Criminal Masterminds Tours to uncover a mysterious past through historic pubs and an underground tunnel system. Private tours are also available for groups 8 or more. All tours include beer tastings and more.
Reviewed February 12, 2018

"great stories"
"these guys"
"small group"

Reviewed February 3, 2018

A nice selection of beers, progressively getting better on each brewery. Alan was super nice host and I was lucky to have such a great group of people joining the tour. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank jaced0nia
Reviewed January 28, 2018

Our guide was funny and super enthusiastic. Beer was very tasty and the stories were intriguing. Enjoyed the use of the tablet to show pics!

1  Thank AliciaC2833
Reviewed January 14, 2018

My friend and I were very pleased on the tour. The cigar room that you have to meet in is just a tough atmosphere to be in if you are not used to it, however hearing the stores that start in the room, make it so worth it! We went on January 5 and our guide was awesome! He was so thrilled to be there, excited to tell us stories, and overall nice man. I love the fact that the other group of people with us were willing to share their ghost experiences so it was two for one! It was a highlight of my time in Oregon and I will recommmend it to anyone! I really liked the tasting for beer. I found out that beer I would never try was actually my favorite!

There is brief walking, but there are stops to explain things on the tour. We truly walked a great crispy cold, and clear night so it was great for us. Later at night, it started to rain so we had no problems going back into bars. The ending of the tour was in a area that has tons of bars and clubs if you don’t mind waking more.

We really appericated the guide. He was so great!!!

1  Thank Emily E