“Yummy & Adorable Swedish Brunch!”
Review of Broder

Broder
Ranked #219 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Englewood, Colorado
“Yummy & Adorable Swedish Brunch!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love breakfast and Broder was recommended by my Portland friends (who also said never go on weekends unless a 1+ hour wait sounds appealing.) Taking their advice, we went at 9:45am on a Monday and got the last open table! It was cozy and friendly so we settled in with our menus.

I got the SOLSTICE BORD ($12)- and an array of deliciousness arrived at the table on a plank. It had a poached egg, ham, potato salad, toast with jam, fantastic cheese, rye crisp, spreadable cheese with chives AND a blueberry yogurt parfait with homemade granola! Ahhhh! It sounds like an epic amount of food, but the portions were adorably small and dainty.

Next time I'm going for the Swedish pancakes; golfball-sized dough balls that you dip in jam. Yummm, I'm thinking about going back already!

• Visited June 2013

San Francisco, California
“Unique, tasty Swedish brunch!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Shared a delicious, cozy brunch at Broder with a good friend. We were the last table to be seated int he first wave of brunch (so get there early!), and loved the friendly, warm ambiance and cozy decor. We had a tough time deciding what to order, but settled on the smoked trout pytt i panna (Swedish hash) and the friterade applen (apple fritters). Both were great!! Perfect portion sizes, delicious food, very reasonably priced, and lovely service. Would happily return to try the rest of the menu.

Chicago, Illinois
“Refreshing different brunch”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stopped by for a late Friday lunch. We took seats at the counter instead of waiting for a table, and it was marvelous watching the cooks at work, rarely speaking, in comfortable tandem. Great variety on the menu with options not typical for a diner menu. The hash with smoked trout and poached eggs was delicious. My fellow diners also enjoyed their choices. I would return at any opportunity.

Hong Kong
“Wonderful Brunch Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We like to try different restaurants in Portland for brunch and this one stands out. Their offerings are unique, creative and delicious! I don't remember some of the names of the dishes but I had the apple fritter with sausage and egg and it was divine. My husband ordered a potato pancake with "bacon syrup" and strawberry cream. It may sound odd but the combination of savory and sweet is something we, as a family, crave for! Who can have a pancake without bacon or sausage, for example? The restaurant is also very creatively decorated. The light fixture on the ceiling is super cool and it just feels like a comfortable and hip place to be in. I'd love to go for dinner soon!!

Portland, Oregon
“Swedish cuisine in a charming cafe”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice meal and experience at Broder. We asked the waiter for a recommendation, and he suggested great items. Do not miss the hot dog topped with a potato pancake and shrimp salad and wrapped in flat bread. Quite a dish. Small portions which I liked because we could try a few things. Plus, our tab for two
Entrees and two drinks was $30. That is a good value. We will be back.