“Unique Menu of Good Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tasty n Alder

Tasty n Alder
Ranked #4 of 4,238 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ashland, Oregon
“Unique Menu of Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is my second review as I decided to follow up on a new trip trough Portland. Many of the offerings are cooked in small iron skillets and the combinations are fairly unique. Today I had a dish of cubes of grilled steak with a cheese and egg mixture on a bed of bread with a maple flavor to it. Excellent. This is a busy venue and the staff are all upbeat and friendly. Prices are reasonable. Portions are just right. Definitely a do many times. You won't find these dishes anywhere else and I would like to try them all. The combinations are simple, imaginative and delicious. Like many Paris bistros the furniture is not made for lounging. Comfortable enough for dining but not a place where you would hang out for hours. Good for turnover.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Cayman Islands
“This is a must! Amazing food and friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I walked in for my first breakfast in Portland and it was one of the best I've ever, ever had.

My friend and I ordered quite a spread: Oregon- and Kentucky-inspired sparkling cocktails; radicchio, bacon lardon, and egg salad with Manchego; sausage, bacon, cheddar, and egg biscuit; and, slow-cooked Cowboy baked beans.

The fresh and full-tilt flavours of the meal were like a party for my senses and the service made the experience truly delightful. This will be a fixture on my PDX itinerary when next I come to visit.

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Modern brunch in downtown PX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great food and service. Try the Tasty bloody mary, they were just the right amount of spicy. The smoked trout plate was awesome. The Korean Fried chicken with kimchi was very good The seating is rather tight but we didn't mind

Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Kids had the flat iron steak and bacon burger. We had the beef tartar, octopus, foie gras and pork chop. Tender pork and tasty appetizers. Everyone left happy and stuffed! The Moscow mule is the best I have had since there was not too much ginger taste in it.

• Visited July 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Over Hyped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've heard a lot about this place, so I went with my girlfriend. She enjoyed it, but I found the place to be over hyped. The fried chicken sandwich was fantastic, but the scramble, potato donuts, and waffles were all just okay to below average.

• Visited June 2014