“Disappointing service and the menu has limited options”

Gaucho's Argentine Cuisine
Ranked #2,956 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Argentinean
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We visited this restaurant because of a Living Social voucher. I am glad I didn't pay full price. The service was poor even though there were never more than 6 tables and there were two servers. Empty plates were left sitting on the table, even though the servers walked by several times. Our check with payment was left sitting for 5 minutes before we finally got up and walked to the register to pay.

The menu has limited items and is there are not descriptions of the food. We had to ask about ingredients and what came with each item. I ordered a side salad and it was brought out at the same time as my meal. I ordered a grilled eggplant with was ok, but dry and needed some kind of sauce or flavor. My partner ordered the ravioli and thought they tasted a bit freezer burned. We were brought the check before we were even offered dessert. One of the dessert items listed that we wanted to order was not available. When the dessert we ordered arrived, it was frozen inside.

I was hoping for a fun experience trying a new cuisine and instead was left feeling disappointed with the overall meal and dining experience.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

When we entered the restaurant, we were the only customers. While we waited for our order, one other couple came in, ordered, ate their meal, paid and left and we still waited. I called one of the servers over and told them about it and I was told that mashed potatoes take a long time to prepare. When the meal finally came, on the plate was indeed the mashed potatoes along with a very dry, tasteless piece of meat. I had to ask for a steak knife because I could not cut the extremely thin piece of meat. Terrible meal, rude woman who I assume is the owner.

1  Thank tilt00