“I loved these donuts,”

Dining options: Breakfast
Maryville, Tennessee
“I loved these donuts,”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I loved the Stumptown Coffee they served, and I loved the look of Blue Star Donuts. What a gorgeous building! I thought the interior of Blue Star Donuts looked like a magazine could have come right in and done a fabulous photo shoot in there. From the walls to the shelves, counters and decor, what amazing looking place!
This place was clean and neat which made it very appealing.
The donuts were awesome. My favorite was the Maple and Bacon. No, maybe it was the Apple Cider Fritter. No... Well, you get the idea!

I skipped VooDoo even though I was told eating a VooDoo was just part of going to Portland. I decided to spend my money at Blue Star Donuts instead. There was a lot to see and do in Portland and waiting in a line that corralled people like cattle to eat a donut was not where I wanted to spend my valuable time. There is no way my donut experience could have been better! I've been home for 2 months and I'm still craving a Blue Star Donut!

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Ontario
“Best Buttermilk Donut EVER”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our hotel told us this place was better than Voodoo Doughnuts and I agree. We went here twice over 3 days - wonderful array of donuts and delicious Stumptown Coffee. Very friendly service and no line ups.

Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Madly in love with this place! The Blueberry, Basil and Bourbon is heaven! Haven't had a bad one yet. Voodoo gets the hype, but this is the donut you need to eat in Portland!

• Visited September 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best donuts”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My favorite are the filled donuts, the others are too sweet for me. But they use THE BEST ingredients and I love them. Also the baristas make killer coffees.

Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
“We took the kids”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I see a lot of reviews saying these are donuts for adults. Maybe that is because they are $2.75 a donut. My children, however, loved their donuts. My 3 year old got a beignet. I had a bite and I have never had a more delicious beignet. The exceedingly picky 9 year old had the traditional glazed and was hoping for a few more of them. My 11 year old sophisticated eater had the Valrhona chocolate with cream and I was jealous. I still regret not getting several to just take a few bites and try them. The chocolate ganache almond looked amazing. They did not seem to love children being in there but were friendly enough. Loved the setting, the physical and visual feast. Liked that they were gourmet flavors but not ridiculous like rose of lavender. Alice Waters place has those flavors in San Francisco. If I am eating a donut, I want it to be worth the calories and these all were. Plus you miss the sexual crap I hear Voodoo donuts has. I have been warned that place is not for children and had no desire to go either.

• Visited August 2013