“Best Falafels ever!”

Cedos' Falafel and Gyros
Ranked #1,280 of 4,814 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed December 7, 2014

I met the owners of Cedo's and, although it was out of my "hood," my love of Middle-Eastern food and my affinity for all things Palestinian drew me cross town. I was not disappointed! While I wish there were more tables, the fantastic flavors, coupled with the warm hospitality, more than make up for it! I've lived in the Middle-East, and eaten falafels in a lot of different places, but, honestly, these are the BEST I have ever had! The (warm) pita bread with hummus is great too - as is the tabbouleh salad! I've been back twice - and have been telling all my friends that they have to try it!

Reviewed September 29, 2014

They have really good food, a bit spendy, but worth every bit. I can't get enough of thier authenic flavor. They have the best lamb its not too salt. I love the plate. It have the perfect balance, between flavor and spice. They have good quality meat.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The aroma as you enter Cedo's Restauarant is tantalizing to the nose. The friendliness of the staff -- makes you feel like family. The food is made fresh daily. They have the best falafels that I have ever tasted; which, includes falafels made in Israel and Palestine. The Baba Ganouge made of roasted eggplant, tahini, lemon juice and garlic gives a unique flavor for your taste buds to enjoy. The grape leaves unusal blend of rice, parsley, tomato, and secret spices have a flavor only found at Cedo's. Garnishes are important to any restaurant dish. Color, texture and flavor adds creativity and eye appeal. "I eat with my eyes"!

2  Thank Peggy B
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We've stopped here many times. It's small, most tables are for 2 with a few for 4 or more. There is parking space nearby, and they do a great Falafel sandwich with tomatoes for about $8. So if you are visiting NE Portland or just out for stroll, this is the place...

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Cedo's was written up in Portland Monthly magazine, and since my husband loves falafel we decided to try it out. It's a tiny place - probably seats no more than 25 people, but what a wonderful surprise we had in store. You order at the counter, and the woman was friendly and welcoming. The food was absolutely delicious. We've had great hummus and falafel in the Middle East, but Cedo's was absolutely as good. The hummus was thick, rich, and creamy, with garbanzo beans on top. The pita was warm and fresh. I had a gyro salad (slices of lamb) and even my husband - who is a persnickety lamb eater, since we raise our own lamb and know what really good lamb is - said it was really good. The falafel met his expectations, as did the baga ganouche. The price was very reasonable and we'll definitely be coming back here again.