“Splitboarding class”

Rare Earth Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #32 of 121 Tours in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Rare Earth Adventures (REA) was founded in 2006 and is based in Portland, Oregon. We are adventure specialist's; finding you a custom way to experience the vivid life of the outdoors, to be apart of those rare moments where the noise of everyday city is muted. Notwithstanding, we are a fully-insured and bonded registered Oregon Outfitter/Guide company and a member of the Oregon Guides and Packers Association. What we enjoy more than sharing this incredible landscape with you, we want you to experience the outdoors. To have those pictures of the most amazing sunsets, crystal clear star gazing,the alpine starts, the summits...those moments you passionately remember and tell your friends about. Our pledge: To create the best experience possible for you; provide experienced, trained, and professional guides who take delight in sharing awesome outdoor experiences with you. What experience can we create for you? Do something incredible...we'll help
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a fantastic guide that gave us advice not only for how to enjoy the weekend splitboarding and be safe but gave us excellent recomendations for future trips and gear. The class taught us how to stay safe in the back country and what to look for in a good run and the guide brought us excellent snacks and hot drinks for lunch and fueling up throughout the day. Would recommend this class to anyone wanting to get into splitboarding or who wants to learn about the back country.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
All reviews
in 4 reviews
"route"
"knowledge"

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were in town for the weekend and were looking for something adventurous to do, so we decided to sign up for the Moonlit Snowshow tour on Mt. Hood. It was AMAZING! We get there and the guide is very nice and friendly and helpful. we make the 1 hour van ride to the mountain, put on our gear, and start the hike. We get lighted headbands to help us navigate the dark and walking sticks. We head up a little bit and our guide tells us to turn our headband lights off. As soon as we do its like heaven on earth! Its so dark with no obtrusive city lights we could actually see the stars and constellations like the Big Dipper and you could hear the sound of the river rushing by right next to us. it truly was amazing. We're from the south and we were not sure how we'd make it through the cold, but once you start hiking with the snowshoes you build up a good sweat. We make it to our destination and break for camp in which the tour guide had crackers, cheese, meats, hot cocoa, and even champagne! It was a truly unforgettable experience and we would highly recommend it!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I went on a moonlight snowshoe excursion with Rare Earth Adventures last winter. It was amazing. In fact, it opened me up to an entirely new hobby that can get me through the winter months. It was nice to be able to try it out before investing in my own equipment. They were knowledgeable, friendly and fun. In fact, one of them forgot their own snow shoes and gave us the entire tour wearing regular boots. Talk about commitment. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This August I spent two weeks with Rare Earth Adventures completing my WEA Outdoor Leadership Training Certification and my Leave No Trace Educator Certification. With the combination of classroom, actual experiential practice and field time I experienced, my skill set was significantly expanded. Not only did we learn the techniques, we were given the opportunity as a group to plan our own trip with guidance and direction from our instructor. Each participant was given the chance to teach multiple hard and soft skills to the other participants. We were also given the chance to act as Leaders and Assistant Leaders of the day during our field excursions. I was very impressed with the program and will continue my relationship with them as I move forward in my career as an Outdoor Leader.