“Beautiful building”
Review of Raven & Rose

Raven & Rose
Reserve with OpenTable
Raven & Rose is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #201 of 4,592 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Raven & Rose offers classic British Isles cuisine and fine cocktails in Portland's historic Ladd Carriage House. Our dining room menu draws inspiration from the Irish and British countryside, driven by simple, pristine ingredients and exceptional execution in an atmosphere that is warm, welcoming and attentive. The Rookery-our upstairs bar-provides an exclusive hideaway for sipping cocktails inspired by the building's exuberant history. In our effort to capture the essential Portland spirit, we've created a space locals can enjoy again and again, as well as a haven for travelers who want the comfort of a hearth and a satisfying meal. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The building has an interesting history and is beautifully preserved. Sadly, the food does not live up to its surroundings. I had the rabbit which was battered and deep fried which left it dry. The white gravy was heavy. The chef obviously does not taste the food before it leaves the kitchen or he would have noticed that the string beans were woody. Service was attentive and friendly. The quality of the food does not justify the prices.

2  Thank Swissabroad

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely relaxed lunch with friends in this beautifully restored coach house in a quiet area of town. The exterior is impressive and adds character to the neighborhood, while the gas lit interior coach lights add a real touch of ambience and sophistication. The staff were friendly and gave us a tour of the upstairs rookery which looks like fun (can't wait to come back). The 'Rabbit Confit Caesar Salad" was full of flavor, as well as the flatbread which was prepared in full site in their stone pizza oven (served whole accompanied by a large pair of kitchen shears to cut the portions). The clams & mussel dish was presented beautifully with grilled artisan bread arranged atop. We cannot wait to try the Sunday brunch!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I went there for lunch with a friend. The prices are a little steep in my mind. $13 for lunch and $4.00 for iced tea. I ordered the fish and chips and could hardly eat the fish they were so oily my hands were covered in grease. My friend ordered the crab cakes and it looked like an appetizer plate there was so little food on her plate! I had plenty for my lunch so I gave her a piece of fish. I had to take off the breading to avoid eating so much oil. The building however is beautiful, it is a restored coach house and they've done a beautiful job.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Beautiful historic building with modernised interior that still keeps the essence of its history, good menu and delicious food, staff all friendly and extremely knowledgeable - especially about the wine (we had a recommendation to go with our food which was delicious and not something we would normally have chosen). We will go back and recommend it!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

For the cocktail connoisseur, The Rookery upstairs above this restaurant is a first-rate establishment. The unique liquors and bartender knowledge are outstanding. I had their Manhattan and their Old Fashioned, and each was about the best I have ever had. I look forward to returning soon.