“Interesting Beers, Friendly Staff”
Review of Prost Portland

Prost Portland
Ranked #514 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: German
Yakima
“Interesting Beers, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Not trying many German beers in my lifetime, and being a devotee of IPAs, I was uneducated about the beers offered at Prost. Luckily, my server was used to answering silly questions, and did so kindly, and without snark, and directed me to a couple of fine brews. They were pretty mellow compared to my typical fare, but still tasty.

The food was typical German fare, and reminded me of what I had at a beer bar in the Czech republic-- sausages, pickles and bread. My curry wurst was $6.50, and my friend had a bratwurst sandwich for $7. I didn't consider the food or the beer overpriced as another reviewer stated.

Really cool atmosphere with large outdoor seating area adjacent to food carts. I recommend it as part of a Mississippi Ave beer tour!

• Visited April 2013

“Overpriced yuppie hangout”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

You can do a lot better, and drink local brews just blocks away. The food here is no better than what you would get from a hot dog vendor at a stdium, and the beer is overpriced.

Portland, Oregon, United States
“german food that is yummy”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

we are entertaining guests from out of state and wanted them to experience prost. we began with dunkel pint, a pilsner, and a sailor jerry rum with pepsi. next we had the gurken salat with dill dressing. next we went to the food carts in the pod next door, and began with a camus crepe, at the crepe cart, tofu taco at koi fusion, a beef bulgoki burrito, and the last person had biscuits and gravy from the southern cart. all were tasty, and comforting on a cold day. the server was friendly, efficient, and we always love 1877 building with all the windows. love coming here....

• Visited December 2012