“Awesome place in a treehouse”
other travelers have booked this property
bHistoric White Stag Leaded windows used as walls
Comfortable Queen bed gas fireplace   total privacy
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Comfortable Queen bed
gas fireplace   total privacy
breathtaking views of both rivers and the city
Fantastic deck with heaters, grill, tv
Galley kitchen with microwave and refridgerator
kitchenette with microwave, electric skillet, refridgerator
bonus room for computer, breakfast bar, tv, games, and lounging
root beer glass tiles, rain shower head
magnifying mirror, excellent side lights for make up
fireplace and cozy reading corner
glass tiled bathroom, stained glass walls
elevator access, hickory wood floors
extra room for computer, breakfast bar
magnifying mirror, beautiful tilework
totally private...  above the rooflines
total privacy  in the trees
Looks are deceiving  4 story house with elevator access to the suite
cozy sitting area on deck
lots of room and comfortable too
closet with ironing board and iron
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
DRS9569
Silverton, Oregon
“Comfortable but slightly odd”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Our first impression of this apartment was quite positive. It really is very nicely decorated, spacious, and beautifully finished as well as being in a great location. Walking to any downtown area would be problematic at best. It really is a long way from anything and the trip back would be all uphill. We did, however, have some pleasant walks through the neighborhood which contains some great historic houses.
There were other realities, however, that did not quite match the description of the property . The kitchen was stocked with unique dishes and utensils (except no sharp knife) but also an odd collection of what seemed to be left behind food items like half used sacks of coffee and restaurant sugar packets. None of this was a big problem just a bit "off putting". The bathroom was very uniquely decorated also but perhaps fashion won out over usefulness in this case--especially as concerns the tiny shower which also was stocked with various odds and ends of shampoo and conditioner.
The big surprise came when we carried our after dinner wine up to the deck in order to enjoy the view and perhaps meet Vicki our host, and were met by a family of six including the Italian couple who were now living in the main house as a result of what they described as a "house swap" with Vicki. They were setting the table for dinner and wondered who that "strange couple" was wandering around on their deck and how we had gotten in. The surprise was mutual at least. We never did meet Vicki. We asked after her but the folks in the main house had no idea where she might be -----I guess it wouldn't have done any good to call her to replace the burned out light bulb.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 8, 2013
I am very sorry to hear your stay wasn't all you expected. I was out of town and I did do a house exchange however the Italians were very aware someone was going to be downstairs. We discussed it in length. I also made it clear in my description on the site that it is a "shared deck".
The coffee odds and ends and sugar packets were provided by me and when people bought additional I left them for my guests use. The only other item in the fridge was some mango butter that I thought my guest might like. It is fresh and not old or spoiled.
I also provide soaps and shampoos. Sorry they weren't packaged to your liking. I'll put an additional sharpened knife down there.
For $110 per night for 682 square feet plus a deck I think you got a good value. As far as the shower, it is a RAIN shower with fantastic pressure and every other person has loved it. I designed it for my own use.
So, perhaps a standard $110 hotel room would be better for you in the future.
j1952
connecticut
“Costly disappontment”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I had hoped to be adding another positive review to this site. Sadly that is not the case. I had reserved two nights at this property through FlipKey back in January for a stay of two nights arriving Wed July 31. The availability calender on the site reflected this booking witin 24 hrs.I continued to monitor the reviews and all indicators were that my stay would be wonderful. I emailed Vicki through FlipKey this past week to confirm my stay. Received no response. Phoned her on Sat. and she said she did not know who I was and had the room booked for the week through another booking site for another customer and would not honor my reservation.She stated that early on she had some problems in understanding her booking engines. NOW WE HAVE NO PLACE TO STAY. Vicki recommended the Hotel Deluxe as an option. I have obtained a booking there. Sadly I won't be able to indulge in Portlands exciting food scene as I can no longer afford lunch and dinner because Hotel Deluxe is 536 vs 200 for the vacation rental.

How easy was it to book the property?
Liked best: seemed to be a great property
Liked least: the fact I wasn't given the opporyunity to stay
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 28, 2013
I am so so sorry about the mistake. I do not know how it happened but you did not show up in my reservations. I could not honor your reservtion since I had someone staying there already. There is nothing I can do except to say I am very very sorry for the mistake. I am sure there are other cheaper places to stay so you could still eat. There is a Holiday Inn express at the end of NW 23rd and i am SURE it would be less money and still give you access to the Portland scene.
Again, my apologies.
Stephanie...
Santa Clara, California
“Awesome place in a treehouse”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Great place to stay. Could see the 4th of July fireworkson the balcony all the way to the Washington border. Was a pleasure to stay there and love the free WIFI and parking.

Liked best: privacy
Liked least: shower was too small
Friends getaway
Jul 10, 2013
Come back again! So glad you enjoyed it.
mfoulks
Tucson, Arizona
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

This suite is so beautiful & Vicki is very nice. She even drew a map for us because we planned to walk most of the trip. It is located way up in the beautiful hills & it has gorgeous views. The suite is literally in the trees & it was lovely to open the windows to enjoy the perfect weather that weekend. Vicki has wonderful taste & I loved admiring her art. If you're seeking a secluded, quiet rental that's near downtown Portland this is it! I just don't recommend walking from the Max to the rental while toting luggage, it's ALL uphill :)
Thank you Vicki!

Value Location
May 9, 2013
Thank you for the great review .I enjoyed meeting you and really do hope you will come again.
I wish i could figure out an easy way for walkers to get back up hill but other than a taxi or a rental car, legs are about it. But what a great workout!!! That's another thing I love about this neighborhood...the up and down hills make for a great exercise regimen, even if you are only taking a half hour walk in a loop.
Again, thank you for your kind words. and appreciating my quirky taste. I hope others are as nice and appreciative as you are!
Vicki.
AL
Reviewed May 6, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
May 6, 2013
Thank you, Thank you and PLEASE come again!!!!
PrMustang...
prosser, wa
“Gorgeous, private, suite!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Vicky has done an outstanding job of making a very artistic suite which is beautifully decorated, and new. We loved the proximity to downtown, the view framed by the trees, and the privacy. We have stayed in many wonderful places, and this is one of the best. VIcki has done an excellent job providing necessities for a good stay: excellent reading lights, plentiful morning coffee, a well stocked mini kitchen, Wi-Fi, etc. The Vista Springs Cafe, excellent casual dining, is right down the hill. The deck on the 1st floor is gorgeous. Enjoy!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: leaded glass windows
Liked least: nothing
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mar 27, 2013
Thank you so much! I am so glad you enjoyed it and I hope you come back again!!!
Deber33
Troy, Montana
“Exquisite says it all!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

Thank you Vicki. We chose this place on a whim and so glad we did! Vicki's artistic nature shows in everything. Her attention to detail is amazing. The pictures on the web site almost do it justice, but viewing the suite is even better than expected! The walk to downtown is just what we needed after a ten hour car ride. It is the perfect spot to enjoy the best of Portland. There is a restaurant just around the corner and many more just a mile or so down the hill. We love checking out new cities, but the best part of this stay was returning to our suite! That's not to say Portland wasn't fun...it was. However this suite is just amazing and we enjoyed every minute spent there. The bed is very comfy, which is important to us. Also, thank you for the tour of your home...what a treat! I really love your personal touches with your art. Especially love the glass in the windows! Your painting by the elevator is one of my favorites!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was all great...maybe viewing Vicki's artwork and whimsy!
Liked least: Leaving!
People with disabilities Older travelers
Feb 26, 2013
You made me grin! Thank you! That means a lot to me and sharing my home with people like you is really fun and gratifying. Please come back and thank you again for your kind words!!!
Vicki
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing