“The arroz con pollo soup- nummy! In the airport Food Court before security”
Review of Sandoval's

Sandoval's
Ranked #972 of 4,473 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Sometimes one needs a soup. This chicken and rice (includes the typical Mexican herbs) with tomato pieces and avocado is really filling. It makes a meal by itself. This reviewer did request no jalapenos. The soup is served with two warm tortillas.
Additional cuisine purchased was a chile verde burrito. This reviewer requested the pinto beans (black bean are an option.) The burrito was not as good as the soup, but it was not bad, either. How about between a Qdoba burrito and a Taco Bell burrito,
Having said that, the burrito, the soup, a glass of water, and tip were only $11.48.
This is actually very "easy food" to consume BEFORE getting on the plane.

Thank BarbaraandThoma... S

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Had the chicken spinach quesadilla. It was absolutely great (and I was not very hungry when I arrived). The tortillas were hot and crisp (I think made on site). Dave, the server was very polite and friendly. I wish there was Sandovals in SF as well!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I ate here for breakfast while waiting for a flight. The food tasted good, was eye appealing, and was apportioned about right - for the price. BUT, the service was less than good. OK. It was pretty bad. It was self seating, so I sat, and waited for about 5 minutes for a menu and saw no one but other customers in the restaurant during that wait. When I got the menu, it felt like it was thrown at me, and I didn't see the guy for another 10 minutes or so. When I ordered it took about 20 minutes for the food to get to me. Mind you, there were only 2 other people in the restaurant. After I ate, I didn't see the waiter again for 10 to 15 minutes, he to another 10 minutes or so to get the check to me. Fortunately, I had cash, so that I wouldn't have to wait for him to run my card.
Probably won't go back.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Salsa, fresh and spicy! This is a teller for me. Ordered the salmon tacos (spicy) and while they were tiny, they tasted great. Service was attentive and friendly. Worth the stroll from E concourse.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This restaurant is located at the end of the C Concourse at the Portland, Oregon Airport. Someone in Palm Springs had recommended it to us that morning. The actual name is Sandoval's Tequilla Grill. Excellent salsa and warm chips. We ordered a ground beef taco salad that showed up in just five minutes. A little short on ground beef but otherwise really tasty. We had an hour to kill before our flight and really enjoyed the place. Kate was our server and she did a great job. We will be back. We used to go to Stanford's outside the TSA search and seizure area but it was not worth the hassle.