“food good, service not so good”
Review of Sandoval's

Sandoval's
Ranked #862 of 4,343 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Redmond, Oregon
“food good, service not so good”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I ate here for breakfast while waiting for a flight. The food tasted good, was eye appealing, and was apportioned about right - for the price. BUT, the service was less than good. OK. It was pretty bad. It was self seating, so I sat, and waited for about 5 minutes for a menu and saw no one but other customers in the restaurant during that wait. When I got the menu, it felt like it was thrown at me, and I didn't see the guy for another 10 minutes or so. When I ordered it took about 20 minutes for the food to get to me. Mind you, there were only 2 other people in the restaurant. After I ate, I didn't see the waiter again for 10 to 15 minutes, he to another 10 minutes or so to get the check to me. Fortunately, I had cash, so that I wouldn't have to wait for him to run my card.
Probably won't go back.

• Visited April 2013

Telluride, CO
“Great airport restaurant experience!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Salsa, fresh and spicy! This is a teller for me. Ordered the salmon tacos (spicy) and while they were tiny, they tasted great. Service was attentive and friendly. Worth the stroll from E concourse.

Medford, Oregon
“Keep going down the concourse”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This restaurant is located at the end of the C Concourse at the Portland, Oregon Airport. Someone in Palm Springs had recommended it to us that morning. The actual name is Sandoval's Tequilla Grill. Excellent salsa and warm chips. We ordered a ground beef taco salad that showed up in just five minutes. A little short on ground beef but otherwise really tasty. We had an hour to kill before our flight and really enjoyed the place. Kate was our server and she did a great job. We will be back. We used to go to Stanford's outside the TSA search and seizure area but it was not worth the hassle.

• Visited February 2013
Maricopa, Arizona
“A Very Good Airport Experience”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Due to a US Airways flight cancellation on October 22, 2012, we decided to have lunch here during our long wait. Sandoval's was nearby, so we figured why not? We were seated right away and ordered two draft beers.

For lunch I ordered a Chimichanga with black beans and ground beef. My wife ordered the Taco Plato. Our meal arrived in roughly 15 minutes as we were in no rush. Everything was as it should have been. Our total bill was $27.48 + tip. If time allows, I recommend Sandoval's for lunch or dinner as you'll regret not having done so once you're on the airplane.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Sandoval's? Share your experiences!