“Best experience and food!!”
Review of Imperial

Imperial
Reserve with OpenTable
Imperial is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Stark
Transit: MAX Light Rail: All Lines(Red,Blue, Green & Yellow) lines stop at Pioneer Square, a 2 block walk from The Imperial.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We were with a group and had a set lunch served. The cold watermelon tomato gazpacho was outstanding, the salad the one I will compare all salads to, seared Tuna..there are not words to describe the delicate flavor, and to top it all off a honey cake that is THE best!
Do not miss this restaurant.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Best new restaurant (for us) in a long time. Though noisy, the service was warm and helpful and the cuisine was delicious, creatively delicious. I started with a charred romaine salad with cherry tomatoes, Israeli feta cheese and green salsa -- really great. Next came the main course with 12 hour braised pork shoulder and an unforgettable dessert. Everyone enjoyed their dining. My only disappointment was that the wine list was very expensive and the Pinot noir we selected was undistinguished.

We'll be back soon for more.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We ate at Imperial for the first time and couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised (although, shouldn't have been since the same owner, Paley owns a few wonderful restaurants). The decor is very Portland hip and being comfortable and not over the top. My husband and I split plates. We prefer that as then you get a chance to really taste the foods. We split a hamburger that was delicious, not your typical burger, very flavorful with a great sauce, split a grilled romaine salad (OMG!), their fries with the secret sauce (OMG 2!!), and the OMG 3!!!! was their steamer clams, linguica, fennel, grilled lemon relish. We both agreed they were best steamer clams anywhere we have been! This is a wonderful restaurant and are so anxious to try other items next time we go, which will be soon! Great for people watching, a few outdoor tables and very comfortable seating. Can't say enough about the staff, true professional! This restaurant is one of Portland's best! You will be so happy to have eaten there!

1  Thank Jehesbeth
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Happened I stop by for happy hour. We had the wings - delicious. And the burger. Also great. Service was lacking. Didn't get waited on for nearly 15 minutes. Then no check back until we needed the check.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My partner and I had dinner here on a Friday night on recommendation of the front desk staff at The Westin Hotel. The food was amazing in flavour, if a little small on portion size. Sadly though the service was terribly slow - wine glasses were left dry, and took an hour or more from ordering to delivery of mains. Not all our waitresses fault as I think the bar staff failed her!

Been to Imperial? Share your experiences!