“Real Japanese Food”

Sho Authentic Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #529 of 4,473 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: At Sho, our goal is to provide the highest quality of authentic Japanese foods that aren't found in Oregon at reasonable prices in a casual, family-friendly dining atmosphere.Everything on our extensive menu of traditional Japanese dishes is made from scratch using the highest quality ingredients - homemade sauces, soups, dressings, as well as fresh seasonal vegetables and seafood.We serve sushi, nigiri, rolls, bento boxes, tempura, udon, ramen, soba, donburi, fish and meat, lunch and dinner plates, and have a great selection of wine, sake, and Japanese beer on tap. You can view our menu online by visiting our website. Make sure to ask us how we can cater your next event or office lunch.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went with a large party for a family dinner. Service was pretty good for a big group. Those who ordered sushi loved it. The ones who tried the Sake flight thought it was great. The ramen bowls were huge. I had the salmon donburi, and it was excellent. If Japanese is your thing, it's worth finding this restaurant.

1  Thank LHinkle

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We treat ourselves to sushi take-out about once a month and this is our favorite spot. The owner is very friendly and the sushi is fresh.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The trend in Japanese food in Portland is towards fusion--small plates, high prices, and cramped but trendy interiors. Sho isn't that kind of a place. The food is traditional Japanese comfort food, and it is properly done and plentiful. This is the place to come if you want excellent curry, donburies, ramens, and sashimi dinner specials. The service is excellent. Nothing on the menu needs to be avoided. All dishes have stood the test of time and will satisfy most Japanese foodies who are craving the classic Japanese dishes.

2  Thank Scott D
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a business lunch as we have never been to "Sho's" before.
I ordered the Chicken Donburi and it was just okay... Not bad, but not something I would make a special trip back for, nor would I order again. My one partner had a chicken and beef skewer and he seemed pleased with them and the portion size was very good. My other partner had sushi and the fish looked very fresh. But it was just okay... The one issue we had is the service was terrible. Our waitress was very sweet & kind... But my partner had to get up and chase our waitress down just to get a refill on our tea. I felt like maybe her co-worker did not show up for her shift and this poor women was running the whole restaurant by herself... But this may be normal for this place. So I am neutral on "Sho's" If I am out that part of the world and looking for sushi... I may try it again as this may be an "off day" for them.
WEST-MORRY

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ordered mirugai and hirame sashimi, hamachi sushi, curry katsu chicken and oyako don. Everything tasted right and with good presentation. The size of the sashimi slice may seem small, but it was good value for money considering the price and freshness. Service was attentive and friendly. Nice quiet ambience for special occasons.