“The best waitress and service that I can remember ”

Beaches Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #314 of 4,341 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Here the experience needs to be much more than just eating. It has to make you feel good. So, c'mon in for a visit, This team is gonna knock your socks off! After all, we're here for YOU!
Summerville, South Carolina
“The best waitress and service that I can remember ”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

During a business trip to Portland we just happened to stop into Beaches because we were staying nearby. The restaurant was packed with a 10 min wait. The decor was "Beachy" and fun so the look definitely matched the name. We were there after dark but I expect the views out over the Columbia River to be great during the day.
Shortly after we were seated we met our server. Jessica was nothing less then amazing. Always helpful, never far away but not hovering and asked and called us by name every time.
She truly made our dinner experience one to remember and left a lasting positive impression on our entire party. I travel all over the world and her friendly fun loving genuine approach was honestly the best I have ever experienced. I would hire her away in a moment if I had a business in the area.
The menu was simple but every dish came out perfect and all items were well prepared.
Beaches is a winner

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Great Breakfast in the Airport”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stopped by here while waiting for a connection and had breakfast. It was a revelation. Great sourdough pancakes, I had the combo which included real sausage and eggs. My wife had the Brioche french toast. Both meals were great. Dinners looked great too. The ambiance is really cool, old cars and boards. Good place to relax if your waiting for a flight or if you just was a good meal.

• Visited November 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
“Carmel Corn in October is AWESOME! Beach Shack is great too!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

October is almost over but if you are in the Shops between the two terminals at PDX, particularly near the D and E gates (opposite end from Nike) you will smell carmel corn...and it smells fantastic! Beaches is making a wonderful version and selling it for only $2 a big bag. If you're eating in the restaurant ask for a sample...it is so good. Not very sticky so easy to take on the plane.

I really like Beaches Restaurant and I just ate there with my wife and nephew when we picked her up after a trip. Kid's a picky eater so he was nervous there wouldn't be anything he liked but breakfast anytime solved that problem. My wife and I shared a Salmon Pasta and a salad and it was more than enough and they even divided it up for us. It's fun to plan dinner here when picking people up (they're always hungry) to avoid the stress of the "curb pickup" and finding some place on the way home to eat.

The other part of Beaches is their "fast-food" Beach Shack at the front of the restaurant. I ate there last week while waiting for a flight on a business trip. Breakfasts, sandwiches, etc are all great and pretty well priced (I had the Monte Cristo sandwich which is on both breakfast and sandwich menu). If your in a hurry or don't want a full service restaurant, The Beach Shack is fun and good.

• Visited October 2013
vancouver Washington
“Fun yummy lunch”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

After spending a fortune on a dinner over the bridge a few days before. My sister and I came here for a light lunch. We had a great waiter who was handsome as well as attentive. The food was wonderful and the view was great. The price was great as well. Thank you beaches for being a local restaurant I can trust and being guest to with pride.

Visited October 2013
Cuero, Texas
“Beaches at PDX, Good food and service while waiting for a flight”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I are not used to finding good food in an airport. We don't expect much and that is usually what we get. Not this time. Beaches in PDX (Portland, OR) is the exception to the sad rule. Hamburger, salad and fries were very tasty. The restaurant is very nicely decorated with a tropical flavor, and the service was exceptional. Our host, Elijah, was charming and friendly and took a personal interest in our home state and area. An exceptional dining experience in any venue and unheard of in an airport. I highly recommend it for travelers. Plus, prices were BELOW what you normally pay in an airport.

• Visited October 2013