“Simply Put, AMAZING!”

Dick's Kitchen
Ranked #214 of 4,404 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Being on a strict diet to control a digestive disease that you have is a major challenge, but when it comes to trying to find something that works at a sit down restaurant, it is nearly impossible, but then my wife and I were recommended to check out Dick's Kitchen and were we blown away! This place was perfect for me and the food was, well to put it in one word, INCREDIBLE! The staff was so helpful and upbeat and can I say it once again the food was AMAZING! If you are looking for a place that honors people who have had to make a lifestyle change either for health reasons or personal choices than Dick's is the place to check out!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My quest for quintessential Oregon fare was well-fulfilled by this excellent restaurant in the funky Belmont area of Portland: good, hearty, organic, health conscious and, yes, unapologetically hippie food seems (to me) to be the essence of Oregon food and we were not disappointed at Dick's Kitchen. We arrived quite by chance but were quite impressed. I had the venison chili with a side of kale and a dark Cascadian ale, my wife had a salad and kale, my daughter a Portobello mushroom burger and my son the Kobe hot dog. Everyone was happy though I think the kids really wanted to check out the Vegan Coconut Shakes! Great place.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

No matter what your diet, you can eat here. I am a gluten-free vegetarian and had many options. My sister is a meat-eating paleo and also had lots to choose from. The staff was great, the atmosphere of the restaurant was awesome, and the price was fantastic! One of the best places I have eaten out for sure!!
GO HERE!!!!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was my first time in Portland and I was looking through places to eat. Our original place was closed for a couple days, so we explored our next option. I am so glad that we did! It was early afternoon and we were some of the only people in there. The staff was friendly and not too bothersome or overwhelming! Very cool place to be. The sauces are amazing as well. I tried the chipotle aioli and the special sauce with my yam fries and burger. I can't wait to go back again and again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stumbled upon Dick's Kitchen after deciding to end our trip to Portland with a good old American burger. Being vegetarians we had Tempeh (me) and Portobello mushroom (my husband) burgers instead of beef/ham and some delicious chips (fries). The burgers, and their patties, were very nice and the service was super friendly.

1  Thank moominface11