“Healthy food”

Good for: Kids, Families with children
wash dc
“Healthy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This restaurant deserves points for offering healthier alternatives. Some work better than others--for example the air-baked french fries were soggy but the sweet potato version was crispier.

Visited August 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Nice neighborhood place, healthy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place has lots of vegetarian options at a reasonable price. They also have grass-fed beef and "guest burgers" such as elk and buffalo. They are really conscious of what's vegan and what's gluten free. This is one of my favorite neighborhood places. It's casual and family friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great burgers, good drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I visited Dick's on NW 21st on a Thursday night & sat on the outside patio area. The service was great, everyone was friendly & checked on us often. I really liked the flavor of the burger, & it was nice to know that the cows were grass fed. The not-fries tasted pretty good at first, but I wasn't a big fan once they sat for a bit. They got way more chewy, but then again, you sometimes give up a little when things are healthier for you. It was fun to have mixed drinks available at a burger place instead of just beer, & the server went out of her way to find some strawberry puree to put into my mojito! There was a pretty extensive dessert menu, which I will be sure to try next time. The burger filled me up!
The website says there is convenient on-street parking, but anyone who's been to that area knows that they will most likely have to park 6+ blocks away & walk. It's just to be expected, even on weeknights. (Of course, a spot opened up right in front once I was already sitting)
I would definitely recommend Dick's.

• Visited August 2013
“Good burger..........not fries- not my cup of tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The burger was pretty good. Everything tasted fresh. The pickles were really good home made taste. The Not fries were okay.. Afraid they were a bit dry for me and the longer they sat the drier they tasted. I think I prefer regular fries.I also got a shake with kahlua. That was really good. They had good choices on the menu. The outside dining area was pleasant enough. Server was really nice .Overall a great place to grab a burger!Parking can be a bit of a hassle!

• Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Delicious, and can be paleo, primal, or gluten free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have been to Dick's a few times since we've moved to Portland. They have two locations... the Original being in SE Portland, which is our fave. They have wonderful beef! It's grass fed, so it's not terribly cheap (but worth it). So, their specialty is hamburgers, and they have all different kinds. (They have other stuff, too, but I have no idea what that might be.... awesome salads, perhaps). The hubs got the buffalo burger one time, and it was tasty, too! Their sides, although not huge, are delicious. They have sweet potato fries that I always get. The KETCHUP! Why won't they sell it by the bottle? Or even the bucket!? I asked when we were there, and they did not, but we got a couple of little to-go cups. Worth the price of the meal just for the ketchup. They also have a tasty drink menu. The service was fairly fast. The servers were all very knowledgeable about the menu items and offered opinions on dishes. They have outdoor seating and offer to-go, as well. All this talk of it makes me want to go right now...

• Visited July 2013