“Exactly what I wanted and needed!”

Eat Adventures Food Tours
Ranked #6 of 81 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eat Adventures food, wine, and beer tours combine sightseeing with mouth-watering culinary experiences. From high-end dining to delicious food cart creations, we have a little something for every foodie! If you're looking for a local's guide to Portland eating, we offer both city-wide driving tours and neighborhood walking food adventures. All you have to do is come along for the ride, and we'll take care of the rest! Advance ticket purchase required.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Exactly what I wanted and needed!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I organised three seperate tours through Eat Adventures (Willamette Wine, Epicural Coast, Foodcart) and was not disappointed. They pick you up at your hotel which makes it incredibly easy (no need to get lost trying to find a meeting point) and your Hostess, Ang, is just fabulous - funny, quirky and incredibly knowledgeable about the areas she takes you.
Definitely the must-go-to tour guides if you're a foodie and perfect if travelling alone.

Visited September 2013
EatAdventures, Owner at Eat Adventures Food Tours, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hi Bry!

We were happy to show you the sights and take you to some amazing restaurants, food carts, and wineries on your first trip to The States! Best of luck, and happy travels!

Green River, Wyoming
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Food Cart Tour: A fun tasty way to see Portland”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We spent a few hours with Angie going to several different neighborhood food cart pods. The food we ate was so good and fresh. It really was a fun way to see a lot of the city, taste a lot of different foods and learn a lot about the Portland food cart culture. It is not just a few taco trucks, trust me! We never felt rushed. There was a really good variety of different offerings and you certainly were not left hungry. We would do this tour again.

Visited September 2013
EatAdventures, Owner at Eat Adventures Food Tours, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
We had such a lovely time guiding you around Portland and the Oregon Coast for your big anniversary vacation. Thank you for including us in your celebrations - and of course we would love to see you next time you're in town!

Cheers-

The Eat Team
Vancouver, BC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun way to spend an afternoon, food and tour amazing!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had heard so much about Portland's food truck scene and was so pleased to go on this educational and fun tour. The food sampled as was all delicious and it was an excellent way to see Portland's many diverse neighborhoods. The tour operators are a terrific, fun couple who love what they are doing. A real must if you are a foodie!

Visited August 2013
Hi Stephen!

Thank you for such a thoughtful review of our Portland Food Carts & Neighborhoods tour. We love when guests walk away with full tummies, and the feeling they got an in-depth look at Portland's food cart pods and diverse neighborhoods.

Happy Eating!
Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must do when in Portland”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I took his parents on this tour to celebrate my father in law's 75th birthday. We had a blast! Angie and Al were the best guides, very friendly. Their knowledge of the food carts, the chefs and the food itself were great! We also had the opportunity to see the different neighborhoods of Portland. They made it very easy to get in and out of the comfortable van "Harold" (affectionately known as), water is supplied, and the ability to jot down notes about the areas you would like to return to was also nice. The chefs were so nice and talented. Plenty of food to sample, you will not go hungry. The best eggs benedict I have ever had at the "Egg Carton"!!! Especially liked "biking the blender" for the smoothie stop, green is my favorite. The "pickled egg toasted cheese", don't knock it till you try it, was incredible! Kimchee is awesome on tacos! Loved the "pay it forward" idea at the coffee shop, hello to "Sophia"! If I don't mention the waffle stop it would be a crime...a serious addition there! Fun for all young and old. We will be back!!!

Visited August 2013
EatAdventures, Owner at Eat Adventures Food Tours, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for including us in your father-in-law's big day! Delicious food paired with beautiful weather is hard to beat, and I'm glad you found a few new places to love here in Portland.

Also, I will pass your regards to Sophia (the fabulous Ole Latte espresso machine) when I see her!
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Spectacular, finding new tastes in PDX!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I LOVE Eat Adventures and Angie and Allen running this. Not only is the food varied, hot & ready, and so delicious, they are always on their A game! I've gone on a wine tour and a food cart tour and was exposed to jems I had never been to and food I never would've thought to try. The prices are so affordable, they were very punctual, accommodating, even setting out a step stool to get in and out of the van, professional but fun, and explained the food and random history facts of the area etc. It's like I was in a whole other place, not my home town. DON"T hesitate, book now!!!
P.S. On one of the tours we had 4 little kids and they adjusted accordingly, it was great!

Visited July 2013
I'm glad we were able to introduce you to new food in your hometown! Portland has so much to offer the foodie, and we love to do our "research" and try out as many local spots as possible.

Thank you for joining us on both our Willamette Valley Wine Tour and Portland Food Carts & Neighborhoods tour!