“Informative tour of Portland”

Gray Line of Portland
Portland Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #28 of 113 Tours in Portland
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Tour is a must do tour during your stay in Portland. World famous Multnomah Falls is just one of four stops on this narrated half day tour up the Columbia River Gorge. Other stops/attractions include view points of the Gorge, smaller waterfalls, Bonneville Dam and a fish hatchery. Leaves Pioneer Courthouse Square daily June through September. Reservations required.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We took the Big Pink tour of Portland, Oregon since we had never been to the city before. The tour guide was very informative and went at a nice pace.

The city itself was a real eye-opener. We enjoyed seeing the Japanese Garden and the trendy restaurant/shopping area, but to be honest, the rest of what we saw on the tour was very average. It probably didn't help that it was damp and cool and we were in shorts!

If you have some time in Portland, take the tour, but it's nothing to write home about.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our first experience with hop on, hop off was in Paris; we've since done it in New York. While Portland is not the size of either city, we've become a big fan of the concept because it gives us a base as to where we want to spend more of our time. We usually will do it at the beginning of the trip; then we know which places to avoid or return to and spend more time. If a place doesn't look interesting, we can stay on the trolley and know not to return and spend time there. If we think a place looks interesting we can hop off to see if it's worth more time - if so, we returm - it not, we don't. Meanwhile doing the entire loop doesn't usually take that long no matter what size the city. Whenever, we visit a new place, one of the first things we'll do is see if hop on, hop off is offered. It's a great way to set up the rest of your visit.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We hopped on the trolley mid-day after a busy morning of exploring the Gorge and Multnomah so my travel friend and I were a bit tired when we joined the trolley. The driver was friendly enough and she gave us a nice overview of the area, but the information was very general (my guide-same company-for the Gorge was a lot more detailed), and the attempt at humor was not good. The jokes fell flat and they took away from the narrative.

Tips:

Be mindful of Portland traffic. Our trolley came 20 minutes late due to traffic.
Sound quality is iffy. People in the back complained that they couldn't hear. Try to sit near the front.
Stops are an hour. We were too tired to stop and hang out for an hour, but if it had been the morning, we might have felt differently.

Overall, I'm glad I saw Portland this way, but I've had better trolley tours.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Interesting tour around Portland but they were short a bus do they knocked two stops off the tour which was a pity. Driver was good and knowledgeable and sights were interesting. Would prefer an open top bus.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I just took the half day tour of the Gorge and the Falls. I wad a bit skeptical due to all the negative reviews. I had a wonderful experience on this tour. Our driver was professional and courteous. He made sure to give us enough time at all the stops. We saw the Vista House, Latourell Falls, Shepperds Dell, Multnomah Falls and the Bonneville Dam. I never felt rushed and the driver was kind enough to take photos for everyone on the tour. Hopefully everyone has the same experience I did!

5  Thank TrailBlazin