“Cozy pub with good food”

Widmer Brothers Brewery and Pub
Ranked #210 of 4,364 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

It's easy to get here on the yellow MAX line. They have a nice retail shop next to the restaurant and you get a discount at the shop if you show your restaurant receipt. They also give free brewery tours at specific times on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and you get a free small glass at the end of the tour. I had a good flat iron steak salad there - it was very flavorful and the greens were very fresh. I ordered the chocolate peanut butter banana pie, and it was good, but I was hoping for more chocolate and peanut butter flavor. The pie has several different flavors and textures that provide a lot of interest for your taste buds!

There are newer reviews for Widmer Brothers Brewery and Pub

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Eight people and eight smiles. No industrial atmosphere here just old world style. Favorite beers were Brr a red ale and rich Oatmeal Stout. I had the Pretzel and a Turkey Reuben, both were to my liking. My crew of seven were also pleased. Good beer and no food complaints leads to a great evening.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The beer is good, the glasses are clean and the food is excellent! I've had the Bratwurst with carmelized onions, saurkraut, potato salad twice. The potato salad does not have mayo in it and it's fabulous!! Parking is usually good and free for a couple of hours on the street or they have a parking lot which is free too.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We go to Portland all the time and somehow had never found this before. We hit it for an early dinner and the atmosphere was great. It's in a very industrial area by the train tracks and under the freeway which adds to the brewery feel. A cool up and coming area surrounds it. I had a seasonal beer I couldn't pronounce that was wonderful with a fruity Marionberry flavor and a great salad. Our only regret was that the gift shop had closed at 6 before we were done.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I don't go here much on my own, but always take people new to Portland here, because the food is consistently good and the beers are always great, and it's a slice of real Portland beer history!