“Delightful, friendly bartender with skill”
Review of West Cafe

West Cafe
Ranked #630 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SW 12th Ave.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The West hosted a wonderful Jazz duo. Locals gathered early for the Happy Hour entrees and drinks. I had Prosecco with Violette and Elderberry liquour at the bartender's recomendation. Delicious. We were amazed at her skills and she seemed to know her customers and their drink preferences. All food coming out of the kitchen looked beautiful. We sat at the bar and talked with other Jazz enthusiasts. This was our second visit and we will definitely return. Comfortable seating with street views.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great place to eat and walk the art district. Items were well proportioned, flavor excellent, and dessert was wonderful.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

There was not a thing served that I did not find to be excellent. From my drink, the French 57 to the pre dinner side, dinner itself, and a dessert, nothing could be beat. I have 95% travel with my job, and this restaurant is easily my new favorite. For dessert, I tried a standard creme brulee to see how they compared to other restaurants on a popular dish. They far surpassed my expectations, the creme cool, the carmelized top hot, drizzled in caramel with berries, and a homemade cookie to boot. While I loved the brulee, they have an extensive dessert, happy hour, snack, small plate, and dining menu to fit any fare desired. When I parked my car in Portland, I inquired of a good, quieter dining experience from a local on the street, and I was directed here. Price range $7-$25, with wonderful "Recession Recovery" specials as delectable as a week to week full priced entree. Additionally staff is wonderful, accomodating to your every whim, and interested in you getting what you want and taking your happiness in the experience upon them personally. I dined in the loung area in a leather chair seating area that would have been great for a bigger group. They opened a window just for me to enjoy the perfect Portland weather. This was a wonderful surprise.

Been to West Cafe? Share your experiences!