“An absolute must for Portland visitors and even locals!”
Review of Portland By Segway

Portland By Segway
Ranked #2 of 110 Tours in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: The best way to see Portland in all of it's "weirdness". Located next to the Lovejoy Fountain in the heart of downtown Portland. Come glide with us. Reservations required.
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
“An absolute must for Portland visitors and even locals!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This segway tour was the most fun tour I've ever been on! The BEST way to see Portland. My husband and I visited Portland for the first time this week. We have never used segways before and I am not the most coordinated person, but within minutes our tour guide, Jered, had us zipping around. He was so knowledgeable about his hometown and had cool back-stories about everything we saw. He was a lot of fun and easy to talk to. During our 2-hour ride we went through parks, saw statues, fountains, waterfalls, bridges and many other Portland landmarks. We saw the sights up close while enjoying the beautiful weather and the awesome people of Portland! While we were touring, there were several Portlanders who asked how they could go on a segway tour too. Seriously, everyone should try it at least once. When we come back to town I hope to do it again and I will highly recommend it to everyone I know!!!

Visited May 2013

Petaluma, California, United States
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Our Best one!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have done segway tours in several cities and this one was by far then best one ever! Our guide Jered was the best, First he took us thru little known neighborhood walkways, water falls, and secret pathways that are all easy accessible it is just that most people dont even know they are there. He showed us parks, statues, Universities and historical sites and stopped to explain them all and let us take photos if we wanted too.
He took us across the river 4 Times!! We loved the riverfront on both sides of the Willamette River and can now say we have traversed the Steel bridge , by foot, auto, train, MAX, boat and now segway! We highly recommend this tour company- ask for Jered.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Getting a close look at the city”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We seek out Segway tours in just about every city we go to including our own. It's a wonderful way to be outdoors, see the sights up close, and hear some history about the city that we are in. The day we took the tour ended up being the coldest day that we were in Portland. We had jackets but no gloves. I would recommend having a pair with you just in case it gets cold where you are. Jared was terrific as our guide. He was informative and made the tour very fun. Our's was a two hour tour; we could have easily done another two hours! Thank you for the fun adventure.

Oregon
“Weird Fun”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I know Portland a little bit but the combination of the segway and the small group tour was wonderful! Jered was very patient and kind. I was doubtful that I would be able to wiz around on the sidewalks and streets without freaking out (I'm a freak on a bike) but it was way easier than bikes and they maneuver so well you can do just about anything. Thanks for the great time!!

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great fun, even if you're not a tourist!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Portland by Segway is marketed for tourists wanting to see the city center and learn a bit of Portland's history. But even if you're a native, it's a really fun thing to do.

Our tour guide Jared was friendly and competent, and -- much to our surprise -- we four not-young women felt totally comfortable on the Segways within a few minutes. We zipped around town, stopping at various landmarks, then headed across the river on the Hawthorne Bridge, down the Eastbank Esplanade, and back over the river again on the Steel Bridge.

We all agreed it was the most fun we had had in ages! I highly recommend it.

2 Thank anniejay