“New Indian flavors”

Description: An amazing place recently opened! Do add as soon as you can
Portland, Oregon
“New Indian flavors”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is a great place to try a bunch of different "street food" items. I'd say share as many as possible. They are small plates and by and large, new flavors.

Visited July 2014

NYC
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The atmosphere is fun here! I love how you order and find your own seat. It makes the experience more in your control. I went alone one afternoon and really enjoyed my meal. Most of the dishes are quite spicy and I am sensitive to spice so I asked for super mild and they really did accomodate me. I will bring back my spice loving friends for sure!

Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“What joke!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

By far, the worst Indian food I've ever had. Although I was born and raised in the US, my parents came to this country forty years ago from India (which makes me an Indian American). Seriously, the food was bland, greasy, and over-priced. We weren't planning to eat Indian during our stay in Portland, but the restaurant received such good reviews we thought we'd try it out. The ambiance is nice, but the food was a waste. We felt deceived because there were a few Indians in the restaurant...I'm certain they were equally disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
NJ
“Wonderful Indian food in a casual 'drop-in' environment”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I recently met a longtime friend and Alberta Arts resident at Bollywood Theater. I am SO glad she recommended it!
First of all, the neighborhood is perfectly suited for a fun stroll after dinner or drinks... eclectic and trendy without being snobbish. We had the chicken and shrimp curry, which comes with all the little veggies, rice, naan and condiments they serve to round out their delicious meal.... outstanding! Order at the counter, then seat yourself and wait for your food to be delivered. The service was quick and friendly. It was busy when we went but we didn't wait long. Do yourself a favor and check out this authentic Indian street food.

• Visited June 2014
Verona, Virginia
“Excellent Indian Street Food”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Two words.....Pork vindaloo. Truly wonderful, perfectly seasoned and the pork is literally falling apart. Good fried cauliflower although a little heavy, excellent papadams. Service can be slow. Order and be seated, then they bring you you dishes. Remember what you order, two of our dishes were forgotten and we had to inquire. To their credit they did give us a complimentary dish. Be prepared to self bus. Good prices.

• Visited July 2014