“Yummmmm”

Description: An amazing place recently opened! Do add as soon as you can
sponge rocks, florida
“Yummmmm”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This cool restaurant has it all: groovy decor, friendly staff, excellent prices, and especially dee-licious food. I had the Kati Roll with paneer cheese, and we shared papadums with 3 chutneys, and I got to taste chicken curry thali. All were fabulous. The chutneys were especially nicely fresh, including with mint, cilantro, mango, and more. Loved the place!

• Visited February 2014

Portland, Oregon
“A Different Slice of India”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The last thing I would eat in Mumbai would be street food. My western stomach isn't up to the local sanitation standards. So, what a treat to have authentic Indian fast food prepared in Portland. We had the Kati Rolls, Pork Vindallo and Chaat, with salt and sweet lassis. It is not the more traditional Indian fare with spicy, complex sauces. This is fun food served simply in a seat yourself environment. The Bollywood film projected on the wall gives the place a sense of levity. Expensive by Mumbai standards, inexpensive for Portland.

• Visited September 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
“Unbelievable Indian street food, yet inside!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

A local treasure! This makes conventional Indian fare, quite boring by comparison. I don't really remember the names of the various foods I had there, but it really does not matter. We ordered about 8 different items from their very nice selection. The food came out of the kitchen in batches, which worked out perfect as we cleaned one plate, another was placed right in front of us. Non stop eating it was. There was a continuous line to the door, but it moved quickly. The food was fresh and tasty and portions were generally large. If I lived in Portland, this would be a very often spot for me.

• Visited December 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Too expensive and has no taste of real Indian cuisine”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I visited this place after hearing from many people. Definitely the interior of this place is very good. Gives a real feel of late 60s and early 70s of India. Unfortunately the food is not like real Indian food. Taste is horrible and its too pricey. I was really disappointed with the quality and taste of the food. I myself cook very good so I know how to use spices. If you are looking for some decent tasty Indian snacks and Indian food then this is not the place for sure.

Food is served in silverware (steel utensils) which gives you the Indian feel. They were playing the movie "Don" starring Amitabh Bachchan but they were playing western music. C'mon... when everything is Indian then you should have played Indian Classical or Bollywood number.

No offense, but I was the only Indian when I visited including the restaurant staff which clears that the taste is not the real Indian taste.

Overall, I was not satisfied with what I paid in terms of taste and quality/quantity.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Gandalf201
Phoenix Arizona
“Indian Street Food to Share”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Don't let the long line worry you. It goes fast and it is worth the wait. You have to order at the counter and they will deliver the food to your table. As more people come in, more leave so we didn't find it hard to find a table even though the line was out the door. There were 3 of us and we wanted to try as much as possible. We were with a friend who lives nearby. She has tasted pretty much everything on the menu so we went with her suggestions. We recommend the Bhel Puri, Dahi Papri Chaat, Pork Vindaloo, Okra, Roasted Beets and Grilled Corn (loved, loved). They also have a great drink menu with cocktails (Pimm's Cup!), beer, wine and fantastic Yogurt lassi, ginger-lime soda and hot or cold Chai. It's a fun place. Save room for ice cream next door at Salt & Straw.

• Visited September 2013