“I want to eat it all!”

Cuisines: Indian
Description: An amazing place recently opened! Do add as soon as you can
Description: An amazing place recently opened! Do add as soon as you can
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife set out to find me the best Indian food in Portland. I'd say she succeeded. The food at Bollywood Theater is amazing. Lots of vegetarian selections for us and some meaty options for our dining companion and benefactor for the evening. Robert chose the Thali meal of Goan-Style Shrimp. He couldn't stop raving about how good everything was. My wife and I shared street food plates of Bhel Puri (OMG!!!), Dahi Pappi Chat (recommended by my chef at work), Samosa Chole and Saag Paneer. Out of this world, all of it. Go to their website www.bollywoodtheaterpdx.com and check out the whole menu. We ate all of this food plus one beer and two mango lassi all for $45.00!! And we were all satisfied. I can't wait to return and try everything on the menu. And even though we were full, we had to go next door and check out the much talked-up Salt and Straw for dessert. But that is another review.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Who knew fried okra chips were yummy? The place was jamming the night we were there. It didn't seem there would be a table ready when our food came - you order at the counter and then sit - but one cleared out just in time. We sampled widely from the large menu, every choice was enjoyed - even by the three year old. Pork Vindaloo, Aloo Tikki, Chicken Curry, Goan Style Shrimp quickly disappeared. Bollywood movies play silently in the background. Fun, inexpensive. Worth finding.

1  Thank terryinthenorth
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Love this restaurant. I have tried almost everything on the menu. It is all excellent... I usually crave the kati roll and fried okra. Both are delicious.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food is excellent. Ginger lime soda excellent. Dahl is excellent. And whomever designed this restauraunt knew how to make it feel lived in and cozy. Bonus-- it's next to Salt and Straw, the Ice Cream place extraordinaire. Great date night.

2  Thank longtrails
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place offers a new taste of Indian food. I love Indian food and this takes it to a whole new simplified (as it is "street food") level. I have never been to India, so I cannot speak to its authenticity, but I can speak to how attractive one of the waiters is. Actually, everyone who works there is attractive, which is a plus and adds to the delicious experience!

1  Thank Madelsnakes