“Stopped here on a food tour”
Review of The Picnic House

The Picnic House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Picnic House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Built in the historic lobby of the original Heathman Hotel. Great for Groups, Grab & Go, or Dine In. Rent a Picnic Basket filled with food and take it to the park.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The owner was very friendly nd gave us a crostini with three types of local cheeses. In inside is pretty cool as it is part of the lobby from the original Heathman Hotel.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a small plates restaurant for our anniversary and found the Picnic House. It was great! The food was varied and delightful. The drinks were unusual and delicious. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The dinner hour was relatively slow with lots of open tables, but the wait staff told us there is a wait at lunch for a table. This place was exactly what we were looking for and we will definitely be back for more!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were a group of 7 that enjoyed our meal at The Picnic House. The food was really good, however, the service was slow, despite being the only table in the house. I had the Rock Fish with strawberries and it was fantastic. The tomato marmalade was amazing, however, the grilled watermelon was unremarkable. The small plate portions were exceptionally small for the money. The entrees, however, were decent sized. I had the corn soup which was hearty and good. My friend had the spiced pumpkin soup, which he reported to be fantastic. Would eat there again.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

It opened only 3 months ago and the dining area is in the lobby or the former Heathman hotel. The ambiance was old world charm and the food was just right, small menu with carefully prepared, interesting options. Staff were lovely. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I ate here 2 times during my visit. My first meal was the half soup and half sandwich. Soup summer corn, caramelized onions and lardons. Sandwich buffalo chicken wirh pickled banana peppers blue cheese and argula. So so good. Next visit happt hour. Grilled cheese and tomato soup only 4. Warm chocolate chip cookie .... awesome. Must go!!!!