“Closed”
Review of Tasting East - CLOSED

Tasting East
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Description: TASTING EAST is a tasting experience of flavor, aroma, delicious taste [umai mi] and culinary exploration of Far East street plates. In TE:bar our Street Plate menu features many dishes with specially sourced ingredients, and all are filled with foolish deliciousness [bakuma].
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This restaurant closed in the past few months. We went there as it was in a great location across from Director's park. Too Bad.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stopped by for a quick lunch while visiting Portland on business. I had Pad Thai, which was so fresh and tasty. The service was great and the dining area was bright and friendly with windows to the street on two sides. A great place for a quick bite. I noticed that several local people were meeting friends there, which told me that it has a good reputation.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We originally went for dinner, but ended up there for happy hour. The menu is extensive for happy hour and our choices were delicious. Beef pancake, street cauliflower, miso soup and the salmon that was somewhat like a Chinese ceviche. Our waitperson was very patient to explain the menu to us. The blend of flavors in each dish was a perfect combination.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I think it a bit strange to have an Asian style restaurant attached to a large hotel. The atmosphere in the restaurant is fine for a casual lunch, but I would not want to eat here if it was a special occassion. On the other hand, the food was really good. I had the Seafood Congee - delicious!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was staying at the Paramount Hotel which is attached to Tasting East. I don't usually have high expectations of any "hotel restaurants" but the food her was very tasty! The only downer was that one evening when we were having a few drinks the waitress was not very knowledgeable about the brands of liquor and my "Manhattan straight up" was very watery, like it had been sitting in the shaker with ice for a while and the ice had melted into it. Otherwise the food and the service were really good! They also serve breakfast and have some Asian breakfast options. The street cauliflower and the pork belly bagas were particularly yummy.