“Not the usual hotel restaurant”
Review of Tasting East - CLOSED

Tasting East
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Description: TASTING EAST is a tasting experience of flavor, aroma, delicious taste [umai mi] and culinary exploration of Far East street plates. In TE:bar our Street Plate menu features many dishes with specially sourced ingredients, and all are filled with foolish deliciousness [bakuma].
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I think it a bit strange to have an Asian style restaurant attached to a large hotel. The atmosphere in the restaurant is fine for a casual lunch, but I would not want to eat here if it was a special occassion. On the other hand, the food was really good. I had the Seafood Congee - delicious!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was staying at the Paramount Hotel which is attached to Tasting East. I don't usually have high expectations of any "hotel restaurants" but the food her was very tasty! The only downer was that one evening when we were having a few drinks the waitress was not very knowledgeable about the brands of liquor and my "Manhattan straight up" was very watery, like it had been sitting in the shaker with ice for a while and the ice had melted into it. Otherwise the food and the service were really good! They also serve breakfast and have some Asian breakfast options. The street cauliflower and the pork belly bagas were particularly yummy.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had seafood congee from the breakfast menu. It was wonderful. Congee is a rice soup that is prepared with many possible fillings. The congee I chose was filled with a lot of different shellfish (without shells) and a softly prepared egg. I am a congee fan back home in NYC but I wish it would be more like the one I had for breakfast today.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Tasting East has delicious, clean-tasting Asian food. The sauces are very light and flavorful. It is located in the The Paramount Hotel where I stayed and it was easy to order food to be taken to my room, as well as eat in the restaurant. The Tom Yum soup was very good, flavorful and spicey, but needed more veggies. The eggplant dish was absolutely amazing. My friend and I ordered it to split and eat along with our entree and I was wishing I had the whole thing to myself. Just delicious!!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Checked into the Paramount and were very hungry. Just went to the closest place which was TE and had a wonderful meal