“Best lunch in the area!”
Review of Tasting East - CLOSED

Tasting East
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Description: TASTING EAST is a tasting experience of flavor, aroma, delicious taste [umai mi] and culinary exploration of Far East street plates. In TE:bar our Street Plate menu features many dishes with specially sourced ingredients, and all are filled with foolish deliciousness [bakuma].
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Just had time to run out for a quick lunch. TE has terrific lunch combinations. We opted to take out but returned later in the week for dinner. Try the salad spring roll and the coconut curry.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had a very good breakfast in this restaurant in The Paramount Hotel. A tasty tofu omelet with vegetables and there are many Asian options on the menu (congee, dumplings, etc.). Service was friendly and efficient. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the hotel restaurant at the Paramount in Portland. It is an Asian restaurant, that provided both American and Asian options for breakfast. Willing to try something new, I had the chicken congee for breakfast. It was delicious. The American breakfast was okay, but the potatoes were greasy and had no flavor. The Asian food is defiintely their strong point, so I'd stick with that. They serve Illy coffee, which is one of my favorites.

1  Thank Kristina K
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I had Happy Hour at Tasting East and it was excellent. The food was good and presented nicely and it was affordable. I recommended it highly.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

So me and two mates were in Portland for the day, on a road trip around the states. We come from the UK. We were looking for somewhere to eat, we passed and looked in and had glanced the menu, when a tall friendly man popped out and encouraged us to try it. He then treated us like VIP guests bringing us two free starters. Mixing fresh dips for us and just being very lovely. I could not use chop sticks. He brought me a little thing and showed me how to use them with ease. Now America is a lot cheaper than the uk, but seriously the food was so cheap! My friend ordered salt and pepper steak from the specials, it was like $10 n was the best steak I've ever tasted, we ordered it again. We were literally stunned how nice n posh a place can be n the food so fresh n wonderful n be so great value. It was something we have spoke about with fondest memories since, and although we might not get a chance to go again, if anyone I know is in Portland I will demand they try it. Seriously fantastic! Thanks for making our day in Portland a memorable wonderful one. :D