“Sustainably sourced, fresh sushi”
Review of Bamboo Sushi

Bamboo Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Bamboo Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Sustainably sourced, fresh sushi”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Dedicated to the sustainability, this restaurant has a lot to offer. Ask for the specials. They generally include locally sourced sashimi and sushi which are the freshest I have ever tasted. Word has it that the burger is pretty good too, but I generally go a few blocks away, to Dick's Kitchen for a great burger. Only open for dinner, but their happy hour is great and starts at opening. Just check the website as their hours change with the seasons.

• Visited April 2014

“Was only average and not quite authentic”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

The signature rolls were rather average and pricey for the size it came in. The seafood plates were really small appetizers, not really fresh and definitely not a meal by itself. Overall, food was average and pricing rather high for the quality and quantity.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Su8108
Toronto, Canada
“Cool, friendly and great food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our daughter has turned us on to sushi - me of the I-don't-eat-raw-fish set. And this was our best sushi experience yet! The 50 minute wait went by pleasantly with a glass of wine. (The engaging hostess warned me off the Oregon malbec for a Californian barbera, excellent advice.) And they sat us at the sushi bar at the back. Very cool to watch masters make their rolls and other delicacies. The music was my daughter's dream playlist and the atmosphere was friendly while upscale in a Portland gore-tex and bearded sort of way. The restaurant prides itself in its sustainable practices. Oh yeah, and the food was scrumptious.

• Visited April 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Sustainable, delcious”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recommend their happy hour. It's less crowded and more relaxed. The line gets long, but the food is always fresh, the wait staff knowledgeable, and the ambiance nice though busy and a little loud.

• Visited December 2013
Bonaire
“Best sushi experience ever”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I'd wanted to impress a business associate/mentor, who loves Japanese cuisine, so I yelped and googled and trip advisored my little heart out looking for just the right place. This came up over and over again. The night we went was super busy, but the service withstood it.

The food is *supremely excellent*.

I've since been back many times, mostly with colleagues who joined us that one fated night. One of which was from Seattle and who makes a point of coming back there both directions as they pass through town every time.

The downsides are: We've always had a wait, and the tables are cramped and tiny. Still worth it.

• Visited March 2014