“great food - lots of vegetarian options...”
Review of Bamboo Sushi

Bamboo Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Bamboo Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“great food - lots of vegetarian options...”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

our family hasn't eaten at a japanese restaurant for a while now as usually the sushi options are either few and far between for vegetarians, or else the options are rather bland - definitely not the case here.

the tofu/shitake appetizer was mouth-watering, and the "pdx", "301", and (especially) the "green machine" sushi were stellar. mixed drinks were good, and the sapporo on tap was nice and smooth.

we'll definitely be back.

• Visited October 2013

Nashville, TN
“great sushi”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We found it tough to get a table, but the wait of one hour worth it.
The restaurant comped our drinks and gave us a discount on our food. Arrive early and sit at the bar if you have to.

Visited September 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Terrific sushi!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place is great! My only complaint is that they are closed for lunch. Otherwise, great sushi. Really sweet servers. All in all, a great experience. Went to the NW 23rd location. Fish was very fresh. Good drinks. A bit expensive but worth it, really.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank BarefootBuddies
Indialantic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My absolute favorite place!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I adore this place! I can not tell you how much I love this place! I would be totally okay to go there for every meal. Thats how good this place is. And you can't beat the service. It's the best food and service combination I have ever experienced. I wish we lived in Portland! Love love love it!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank nursekim106
Kelowna, Canada
“ANNOYING SERVICE BUT GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have been wrestling with writing this review for days. I really want to give this restaurant high marks but I just can't because the service was SO annoying. Our bill was creeping up towards $100 and just like fellow reviewer "LegacyPlanner" said every few minutes they came over to ask if we were ok, or if we wanted something else, or if we were done...... Hey Lady!! "I will let you know when I'm done.... now leave me alone", I felt like shouting.

Another annoying thing that bugged me was the Mexican sushi chef that worked there obviously had his buddies sitting at the bar because every few minutes he would give them a roll that they didn't even order and kept talking in Spanish. I saw it as rude, and I'm not sure I felt entirely comfortable sitting at the bar after awhile. When I asked his buddy what kind of a roll he got, he had to look at the sushi chef because he didn't even know.... busted.... I wonder if he paid for all that they had....

Another comment: Usually when you sit up at the bar, the sushi chef's entertain you... well we were just ignored so it's no wonder we noticed free rolls leaving the kitchen.

Having said that, I give this restaurant high marks for menu selection and quality of food received. LegacyPlanner also made some nice comments about sustainability. I completely agree with her review and feel similar.

In conclusion I would return because of the high quality food - we even had the sea urchin crème brulee...... which as interesting. I am willing to give the service another chance.

• Visited September 2013