“Highlight of our trip!”

Secrets Of Portlandia Free Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 112 Tours in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The last Free Tour of 2017 was on Friday, September 29th, 2017. The daily Free Tour will resume again on Thursday May 10th, 2018. During the summer season, the Free Tour starts every day at 11am on the sidewalk of SW 6th Ave in front of Pioneer Courthouse (across the street from Pioneer Square and the Visitor Information Center.) No reservation necessary! Just show up! Look for Erik in his NEON GREEN SHIRT. The tour meets 7 days a week, rain or shineThe tour is about 2 to 2.5 hrs long and ends in front of Voodoo Donuts and the Saturday Market.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was such a good tour. I just happened to find it when looking for things to do on our trip and was so glad my husband and I went. There were about 16 people that met that morning. Tour was about an hour and a half. Our tour guide, Erik, was a hoot! Great sense of humor, great stories, lots of history, just an overall fun time. Be sure to go on the tour if you visit Portland. It's a free tour, but leave a nice tip. Mahalo!

2  Thank CESMMS

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Erik is the evidence tourists like me can still find high quality tours for free. He is just passionate about his city and dedicated about sharing his passion with everybody. He took us to all the majors spots in Portland and explained tons of things without never being boring thanks to a super sense of humor. You will learn a lot and laugh very often, what else could we possibly ask for ?

2  Thank Frenchie7834
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We came upon ERIK and his free Secrets of Portlandia Tour (love the name) by accident. We had planned on taking our usual "lay of the land" bus tour, like we do in each new city. The day we arrived at the ticket booth, because of a large downtown parade, the tour was not running. We checked at the info booth on Pioneer Courthouse Square and they said a free walking tour had already left. :( As our group headed off to figure out what we were going to do, I heard a microphoned voice..... they were still on the Square!!! He invited us to join and we are so glad we did. One of the best tours I've ever taken. IT'S FREE and leaves everyday out of the Square at 11 AM.

This kid loves history! You can pick up on his passion by the research he has done and how comfortable he is presenting the tour. Lots of historical tidbits about people, buildings, eras etc.
I laughed or smiled through the whole trip. He is extremely interesting to listen to and very funny.....not a corny or stupid funny but "stand up" funny! The walk is an easy one through the streets of downtown and it is less than 2 hours. Best thing we did in Portland so we are glad to see he is listed as the #4 thing to do there. He will probably move UP from that spot. Erik is a Renaissance Man, ask him what else he does with his time and give him a BIG tip. He deserves it!

3  Thank JLWPennington_NJUSA
Reviewed June 13, 2013

One of the best tours I've been on; a highlight of my recent 3-day visit to Portland. Do it early during your stay if you can. Erik is knowledgable and passionate about his city and its quirky ways. His sense of humor and winsome, respectful way make the stroll a delight.

2  Thank Tom A
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a fun tour with Erik. He's very personable and knows a lot about the city. Good for all ages. I was one of the only teenagers but it was still enjoyable. My 10 year old brother also liked it as did my old parents. Loved the stories and will remember this tour.

2  Thank pbinns