“What else could you ask for?!”
Review of Slide Inn

Slide Inn
Ranked #161 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, German, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 24th
Transit: Bus stops on Burnside one block away. Minutes from downtown. Exit at 24th and East Burnside.
Description: A corner gathering spot serving Modern American favorites with a global flair. Set in an inviting mid-century modern inn. Chef Eugen prepares organic and local ingredients when available, with a great many dishes made in-house. Traditional favorites are served such as hamburgers, Mac n Cheese, house made sausages and unique Fondue choices, but it doesn’t end there. There are many options for vegetarians and gluten free diets such as GF Gnocchi. For brunch, Kaiserschmarrn, which was originally prepared for the Kaiser, can be enjoyed along with our gluten free roasted yam waffle with ground clove served with maple or ginger syrup. Another healthy and delicious option is our vegan rice flour waffle served with agave lavender syrup.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Super Diverse and Tasty Menu, Fantastic Beer List, Awesome Cocktails, Friendly Staff, Warm and Cozy Setting: Perfection! The adjoined Jade Lounge also has live music almost every night and usually without cover! I love grabbing a meal at Slide Inn and heading next door to the Jade Lounge for a post meal cocktail and to check out some PDX music.

2  Thank dstepina

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I booked the Jade Lounge for a private event for my Best Friend's Bachelorette party. The food was delicious. I highly recommend their beef sliders and homemade potato chips. Some of the best food I have had in Portland. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. They kept on top of refilling our drinks and making sure we had what we needed. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great for private parties with no rental fee.

2  Thank Lindy D
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We were there for Mother's Day brunch and service and food were awful. Orders were mixed up, you had to keep asking for things, and food was overcooked. We had a reservation and still had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. Very disorganized.

1  Thank OregonDuck09
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was looking for a place to put on an entertainment event that I expected to be quite well-attended, when I came across the website for the Slide Inn. The Owner, Eugene, and his friendly staff worked with me every step of the way to ensure that the event was a success.

As an event organizer, it is important to select venues with good reputations within the community, a high level of customer service, and a great selection of tasty food. The Slide Inn embodied all of those qualities.

In the weeks leading up to the event, I talked to many people in the Slide Inn's surrounding neighborhoods to invite them to the show/Meetup, and over and over I heard positive feedback about the establishment. Eugene was extremely helpful in getting the word out on, and boosting attendance at, the public event as well.

The night of the show was wonderful. Eugene and his staff were organized, thoughtful, accommodating, and friendly. The service was fast and attentive, even with the audience for the show arriving all at once for seating. The seating layout of the restaurant was ideal for groups, couples, and single audience members alike, which was a huge plus.

The food was great. It tasted delicious, smelled wonderful, and was presented beautifully. It was amazing as an event producer to not have to worry about attendees feeling alienated by The Slide Inn's menu. There was something for everyone at the Slide Inn, even those with strict dietary restrictions, and the wait staff was knowledgeable about the menu and ingredients in the selections.

In closing, I would highly recommend The Slide Inn as a location for events, Meetups, business meetings, celebrations, etc. Not only are they friendly, organized, and efficient, they will make planning your next get together, meeting, or event a LOT less stressful.

2  Thank Christina B
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We came in from a friends recommendation, I had been to Germany once, some years ago and missed the food. The house made sausages were amazing, and the waiter said they even made the Kraut in house. They had a large selection of local and German beer. Next time I'm coming in for Happy Hour, the menu looks awesome.

2  Thank Sarah G