“Great Sunday morning brunch.”
Review of Slide Inn

Slide Inn
Ranked #180 of 4,363 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, German, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 24th
Transit: Bus stops on Burnside one block away. Minutes from downtown. Exit at 24th and East Burnside.
Description: A corner gathering spot serving Modern American favorites with a global flair. Set in an inviting mid-century modern inn. Chef Eugen prepares organic and local ingredients when available, with a great many dishes made in-house. Traditional favorites are served such as hamburgers, Mac n Cheese, house made sausages and unique Fondue choices, but it doesn’t end there. There are many options for vegetarians and gluten free diets such as GF Gnocchi. For brunch, Kaiserschmarrn, which was originally prepared for the Kaiser, can be enjoyed along with our gluten free roasted yam waffle with ground clove served with maple or ginger syrup. Another healthy and delicious option is our vegan rice flour waffle served with agave lavender syrup.
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Great spot. Perfect for brunch. I had the pancetta waffle it was wonderful. Great atmosphere, really nice device.

2  Thank cshowalter
There are newer reviews for Slide Inn

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Been there twice so far. I am gluten and dairy free. This place has everything including excellent service. Please visit and bring your dear ones for a wonderful and unique treat. Can't wait to go again.
Has outdoor seating.

2  Thank Karolpdx
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I live in SW but a friend told about the new Slide Inn and insisted I should go. I have a mainly GF diet like many oregonians so i was THRILLED when I saw such a diverse and interesting menu. Ordered many dishes (everyone licked their plates clean) between our table but was in love especially with the pancakes we had. They were cut into small pieces and kind of carmelized- it is a must try!!!!! will be back. loved it!

3  Thank rachael s
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Yes, finally!. I was visiting Portland from Los Angeles and my friends told me about this new restaurant called "The Slide Inn". I went to the web site and was excited that for once I could order healthy gluten free dishes and sides and my boyfriend could order all the meat he wanted.
We went on a tuesday night and the place is so cute. It feels warm and cool at the same time. Love the attention to detail. The food was so delicious and fairly priced. I ordered the vegan tofu burger on a gluten free bun. Should be unhealthy because it was so fabulous. My boyfriend ordered the Hungarian Sausage. He said it was plump and spicy but not overly spicy. We had some of the sides. Kale, pickles and the best red cabbage. Learned the Chef lived in Germany. I am coming back the next time I am in Portland. Wish the Slide was in LA.

3  Thank greta s