“I had a fabulous time at The Float Shoppe!”
Review of The Float Shoppe

The Float Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 45 Spas & Wellness in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer individuals floats in any of our 4 float tanks. We also have massage and acupuncture which can be combined wonderfully with floating. Given space to think, we can see our dreams more clearly. Given time to rest, we can be propelled by the kind of inspiration the comes from simply being still. Welcome to The Float Shoppe: a place to pause the rushing world and clear your mind as you float weightlessly in restorative saltwater and enjoy the deep rest of true peace and quiet. Start out with a cup of tea comfortable lounge where our friendly and experienced staff will guide you through all you need to know in order to have a wonderful float experience. After being shown to your own private room, it is up to you to develop your time as needed - in play, in reflection, in creation, or in deep rest. Relax into a thousand pounds of detoxifying epsom salts and allow warm water to cradle you for ninety minutes of relief from the outside world. Limiting external sound and light leaves you with the calming sounds of your own breath, your rich heartbeat, and even your eyelashes brushing together.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I've been floating once a day for the passed 3 days. I feel incredible and today I had a massage after my float. Each float I go a little deeper into relaxation and the float massage combo has taken spa treatment to the next level. It's so been nice to love myself up and soak in the good vibes at The Float Shoppe. Super friendly owners and staff! I look forward to the acu-massage-float combo when I return to Portland!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

It's always a treat floating. I always come out refreshed physically, mentally and spiritually. I've taken my 83 year old mother and she too loves it. I think what makes it extra special is Dylan, Sandra and the staff give me a few minutes to visit when they have time. I would recommend floating to anyone wanting to decompress.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Float Shoppe is an excellent stop for anyone who visits Portland. It is a great place to enjoy the unique, relaxing experience of floating. The staff is very knowledgable and friendly. As soon as you enter the shop, you are warmly greeted by the staff and have the chance to soak your feet in a foot bath and sip tea, while your float tank is prepared for you. You are then lead to your float tank and the true relaxation begins. It is a very unique experience that is difficult to describe and I assume is different for each individual. For me, the benefits of the epsom salts on my tense muscles was incredible. I felt so loose and limber after my float. I highly recommend this experience and am looking forward to my next float at the Float Shoppe! Go, go, go!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed this very unique, one of a kind experience. Great surroundings, clean, tasteful and serene. Will be making an appointment soon to treat myself to another float really soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have been to the Float Shoppe twice now, and will come more regularly. They have added some great services, like an amazing foot soak per-float, and massage services.

The facilities are simple, clean and well equipped. The energy is peaceful and warm.

If you have never floated before, it is a unique, meditative experience that is transformative and healing. Each experience is different.