“Unforgettable One Of A Kind Experience”
Review of The Float Shoppe

The Float Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 45 Spas & Wellness in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer individuals floats in any of our 4 float tanks. We also have massage and acupuncture which can be combined wonderfully with floating. Given space to think, we can see our dreams more clearly. Given time to rest, we can be propelled by the kind of inspiration the comes from simply being still. Welcome to The Float Shoppe: a place to pause the rushing world and clear your mind as you float weightlessly in restorative saltwater and enjoy the deep rest of true peace and quiet. Start out with a cup of tea comfortable lounge where our friendly and experienced staff will guide you through all you need to know in order to have a wonderful float experience. After being shown to your own private room, it is up to you to develop your time as needed - in play, in reflection, in creation, or in deep rest. Relax into a thousand pounds of detoxifying epsom salts and allow warm water to cradle you for ninety minutes of relief from the outside world. Limiting external sound and light leaves you with the calming sounds of your own breath, your rich heartbeat, and even your eyelashes brushing together.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I floated twice at The Float Shoppe, and can't speak highly enough of the experience, the facilities, and most of all, the people involved. Dylan and Sandra head an amazing team of people who are truly passionate about providing a relaxing, healing experience. It is a place I feel incredibly safe and relaxed and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to float here and meet everyone involved.

If you visit Portland, The Float Shoppe is a MUST.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was gifted with a float last month. I had never tried it before, but I am usually up for new experiences. I can say that The Float Shoppe met and exceeded all of my expectations! The front of house staff (Sam, Ari and Jen) were amazing and so very helpful, the float was peaceful and relaxing. (I long for a float daily, but live out of town). I happened to meet the owners, Dylan and Sandra while I was there for my float and was pleased to spend time with them hearing about floating and what to expect. I will definitely return to The Float Shoppe on my next visit to Portland. In the meantime, I can only dream....

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have floated at the Float Shoppe five times and every experience was fantastic. The facilities are clean and beautiful and the staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I will surely visit the Float Shoppe for relaxation and fun many times to come.

1  Thank jcalm28
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I wanted to make my first float experience awesome so I scheduled a massage following my 90 min float. The only words I could utter afterwards was WOW! The float was extremely peaceful and put my body into the most calmest state ever! Then having a massage when my body was so relaxed was truly "mind-blowing" for me. I was able to be in a relaxed mode at the start of the massage making it "double the relaxation" for me! In addition, the calming effects are still being felt although it has been days after I had this experience! Ahhh-.... I certaintly recommend this experience to all!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This spot is great! Friendly staff, Clean & Comfortable Shoppe, Easy Access from Hwy 30.

The first time experiencing the 90 minute float was a trip. I know monkey mind:walking meditation is the way that usually works for me. Floating in a darkened bath of epsom salts proved a challenge to letting go. Thoughts of 'how much time has gone by?', 'oh! i have to remember to put that on the todo list', 'i wish they would pipe music in here', 'how soft will my skin be after this? I know my feel love an epsom salt bath'.... etc.,. etc.,.etc.,..

When the float finished and I showered and dressed, the associate downstairs advised me that the first float is the most challenging for monkey-mind and although I may question how much relaxation was possible in the first time. He advised to be aware that colours may seem more vibrant and I may have subtle shifts from a deeper point of relaxation. Wow!! He was CORRECT! Even tho my focus in the pod was on stopping my monkey mind, my body had relaxed to a point I hadn't been aware of:My abs were soft, by glutes felt heavy and my neck was relaxed. Tension is a crazy thing: we think we know where and how we hold it but the body is so much more dynamic and hard working than we realize!

long story short: I have since purchased another float and the second was sooo much easier to relax and just be.... floating in the dark... allowing the water to support and caress the cares of the world away. 90 minutes at a time. =0)

Highly suggest giving it a whirl!