“A fantastic service offered by some really lovely people”
Review of The Float Shoppe

The Float Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 48 Spas & Wellness in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer individuals floats in any of our 4 float tanks. We also have massage and acupuncture which can be combined wonderfully with floating. Given space to think, we can see our dreams more clearly. Given time to rest, we can be propelled by the kind of inspiration the comes from simply being still. Welcome to The Float Shoppe: a place to pause the rushing world and clear your mind as you float weightlessly in restorative saltwater and enjoy the deep rest of true peace and quiet. Start out with a cup of tea comfortable lounge where our friendly and experienced staff will guide you through all you need to know in order to have a wonderful float experience. After being shown to your own private room, it is up to you to develop your time as needed - in play, in reflection, in creation, or in deep rest. Relax into a thousand pounds of detoxifying epsom salts and allow warm water to cradle you for ninety minutes of relief from the outside world. Limiting external sound and light leaves you with the calming sounds of your own breath, your rich heartbeat, and even your eyelashes brushing together.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've been a regular at the Float Shoppe for a while now. Whenever possible, I stop by once a week (thanks to membership rates) and float, because I've found that floating has huge therapeutic value for me. For me, floating is my time to decompress at the end of the week. I can relax, I can think about things, or I can not think about things. It's meditative. Sometimes I find myself solving problems that have cropped up in my everyday life (it's incredible what you can accomplish with 90 minutes of darkness and silence), and other times I just let go of everything else and float. Usually, it's a nice combination of both. And afterwards, I always leave feeling spectacular. I am lucky enough to be able to walk home from the shoppe, and for me, these walks are nothing short of magical. The colors seem brighter; the air feels fresher. I sleep beautifully the night after a float, and the next morning, I wake up still feeling rejuvenated, ready to conquer. Regular floats have become my way of taking care of myself. I'm not really a mani-pedi girl, and I don't get a lot of massages, but with floats I feel like I'm helping myself both physically and mentally. For someone who has always loved baths, it doesn't get much better than this.

I first started floating via a Groupon to Float On. I found that I liked it, a lot, and when I heard about the Float Shoppe opening in my neighborhood, I was really psyched for this service to be that much more accessible to me.
Whether you're new to floating or not, they will take excellent care of you here. They will sit down with you and walk you through the basics, and go over any questions you may have. The Shoppe is lovely and quiet, and you are welcomed to sit on the plush couch and have a cup of tea, or a glass of water. The float rooms themselves are similarly cozy and calm, softly lit and outfitted with benches and hooks for your things and some basic toiletries in the showers too.

I have been so thrilled to have this service available in my neighborhood, and it's an awesome bonus that it's run by such great people. I'm really looking forward to see how the Float Shoppe grows (since I've been going, they've added a new float room, acupuncture, and some other neat services), and I can't tell enough people about it in the meantime!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The Float Shoppe provides fantastic service in a field that many people know very little about. If you are unfamiliar with floating and its benefits, Sandra and Dylan are incredibly knowledgeable and approachable with any questions or concerns about the process. I absolutely recommend experiencing this therapy to anyone at any stage of life at least once, and preferably more times (the immediate benefits from sessions are much more obvious after two or three floats). From the minute you walk into their comfortable and conveniently located shop to the inevitable weightless waltz down the stairs about two hours later, you will not regret it. Floating is awesome, and The Float Shoppe does it best, period.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I just happen to find this place during a walk, and I walked in with 100 questions about what about floating was and how it worked. The owners, Dylan and Sandra, answered all my questions and were so welcoming and passionate about floating that I decided to try it. I thought I would be lucky to schedule a time while I was in town but luckily they had a spot open for me to float right then.

The float was great, and a totally different experience, I've never experienced anything like it. Relaxing, therapeutic, and sort of exciting. Afterwards I did feel better and am excited to float at the next chance I have.

Sandra and Dylan helped make my trip to Portland exceed my expectations.

1  Thank ksm67e
Dylan S, Owner at The Float Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thanks for coming in! It was great to meet you. I'm so glad our schedules worked out so well that day!

Also we love the pictures you posted on Facebook, they're awesome!