“Very pleasant stay, comfortable and great service”

SpringHill Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #82 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed here for a week when our flight was cancelled due to the ash cloud over Iceland. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly, it was a joy to chat with them and ask for advice. They gave us free shuttle trips to the nearby shopping centre and railway station whenever we wanted to go into Portland or buy some food.

The room was on the top floor and quite spacious, with a separate sitting area with sofa, armchair and a big desk. There was a small fridge and a sink, plus a microwave and some cupboard space for food, in a little corner next to the sitting area. The beds were very comfortable. We did hear some noise from the planes, but it was not disturbing our sleep at all. On some days we had a view of Mt Hood.

The breakfast was nothing to get excited about, but it had everything we needed. We did not use the swimming pool, it looked nice and clean, though.

I would choose this hotel again next time I visit Portland.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Free parking, free breakfast, free internet, great price (i.e. much cheaper than staying downtown). The service was very friendly. Our suite had a sink, microwave, and fridge. The noise from the airport is not bad at all. We hardly noticed it and there does not seem to be any flights during the night. The business center lets you use internet and printer. We took the shuttle which dropped us at Cascades Station and rode the MAX Rail downtown. All in all, nice stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The rooms are great, non-smoking facility, superb breakfast buffet starting at 6:00 A.M., friendly staff, reasonable rates, very clean, quiet even though near airport and on flight path. Room service available, shopping nearby.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boseli
Reviewed July 15, 2010

All the amenities are Above average the breakfast is very good continental, the business amenities are fair I say this because the wi-fi access was so bad that I was getting the signal to the holiday inn express next door better and the wired access was slow; experienced worse, but it is 2010 and even though there are no flying cars yet this can be better.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stay exclusively at the Marriott properties when we travel because we have always been able to trust that we will have at minimum a comfortable stay with a friendly staff.
We had extended family that had come to visit and headed to Portland for a weekend away. We had to apologize over and over to our family for what they were experiencing at this hotel.
When we checked into our room, I noticed an odd smell in the bathroom-a moldy smell. I immediately spotted 3" of black mold along the edge of soap dish-very visible and there is no way that housekeeping could miss it-and why is it there to begin with if they are cleaning the shower walls? I called the front desk and they said housekeeping had left for the day, but they offered to have us change rooms. At first I declined their offer, but after looking over the bathroom more carefully, I discovered that they shower curtain was also covered in mold. I called the desk again and they moved us.
The first morning at breakfast was a disaster-the breakfast was to be served from 6:30-10, and we went to breakfast about 8:40. They were completely out of waffle mix and we were told they were making more. Other guests said they had already been waiting 10 minutes. There was no coffee, all the foods in the warming trays were cold (eggs, sausages, oatmeal). We threw away the few items we had since they were cold and left to go to a local restaurant. I heard later that all the guests were sitting around waiting for food. There did not appear to be a designated breakfast employee as the front desk clerk kept running over to take care of things.
The 2nd day was the same, only this time the front desk clerk who was taking care of things was handling money, then coming over and taking care of food. I do not know if she was supposed to be helping, or if breakfast was also her responsibility, but either way, she was not washing her hands before handling food. Also ,when checking out, this same employee was very unfriendly, and as my mom, who was paying for the rooms, was putting away her change in her purse, the clerk rudely asked her if "what else do you need?" as a way of indicating for my mom to move out of the way so she could take care of the next guest rather than wait the 15 seconds it would have taken to allow my mother to finish putting her wallet into her purse.
I assured the staff I would have to write a negative review of their hotel, and the clerk I mentioned who was rude acted as if it was my problem and would not affect their hotel or her job whatsoever.
I assured my family that the Spring Hill Suites we would be staying at for the next two nights would be so much better (in Renton, WA), and it FAR exceeded our expectations for the same price & room type. My criticism is not against the Spring Hill chain, but only this property in Portland.
If you do stay here, and you are forced to go somewhere else for breakfast, consider Ikea, which is close by. They open at 9:30 for breakfast, and you can get a nice hot breakfast for under $2!

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I went with my three kids and while the room was clean that is the only nice thing I can say about it. I stayed one night it cost just under $73 and I got home to find out not only was I charged my normal rate but they also charged me 280.00 twice....YUP 560.00 for one night. Called up and they were rude, unhelpful and blamed the charges on my bank. Called my bank and like I thought not banks fault, and the hotel had actually charged, not held, charged me 560.00 for one night. Before the money mishap, while I was there the staff was extremely un-friendly except one gentleman on the night shift. They were not social and unwilling to answer questions about the area, instead showed me the library where there was internet...which was fun to navigate through with three kids. Dont stay here stay at the courtyard less than a block away worth the little extra money.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

My family and I statyed in Portland for two nights while on vacation visiting Portland, Seattle and the Pacific Ocean. We stayed at the Springhill Suites from 06-08-10 to 06-10-10. The hotel was clean and modern. I have no complaints about the hotel. They held reception on Ttuesday night with hor duerves, wine and beer. I chose the hotel because of the location and price. The hotel was clean and the morning breakfast was the perfect way to start the day. There were waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, pastries, yougart, cereal, fresh fruit. The pool was small, but the water was warm. If in Portland again I would stay at this hotel. Be aware this hotel is on the flight path for the airport so during the day you will hear the planes taking off and landing.