“Portland Visit”

SpringHill Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #86 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed June 13, 2010

My family and I statyed in Portland for two nights while on vacation visiting Portland, Seattle and the Pacific Ocean. We stayed at the Springhill Suites from 06-08-10 to 06-10-10. The hotel was clean and modern. I have no complaints about the hotel. They held reception on Ttuesday night with hor duerves, wine and beer. I chose the hotel because of the location and price. The hotel was clean and the morning breakfast was the perfect way to start the day. There were waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, pastries, yougart, cereal, fresh fruit. The pool was small, but the water was warm. If in Portland again I would stay at this hotel. Be aware this hotel is on the flight path for the airport so during the day you will hear the planes taking off and landing.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 9, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. I called the hotel directly and was able to take advantage of their 'stay 2 nights, get the 3rd free' special, so you may want to ask about this when making reservations. We were able to get a king suite for $94/night. The suites are large with a divided living room area with a couch, table, desk, chair, and sink area with a fridge and microwave. The beds are comfortable with extra pillows and blankets in the closet, and the bathroom is nicely designed. The internet was easy to connect to and had a strong signal at several places in the room.
I used both the exercise room and the pool-both fairly basic. The gym has 2 treadmills, a bike and some weights.
The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and answering questions. The only hestiation I have is that there aren't really any restaurants within walking distance-the nearest is a Sherry's across the street. But on the plus side, it's very close to a big shopping area!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel at least 60 nights over the past four years. I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member and I have stayed several nights at SpringHill Suites throughout the US. I will give this hotel a grade of ‘B+’ to ‘A-’ in comparison of the other SpringHill Suites that I have stayed at.

Breakfast: In regards to the free breakfast that they serve, it is the best breakfast that I have had at a SpringHill Suites. They have a bigger selection like ‘sweet bread’ (i.e. marble cake) and chocolate muffins.

Front Desk Service: I have found the service at the front desk to be outstanding.

Business Center: They have a nice business center with two (2) PCs and a printer. I have printed several boarding passes over the year.

Pantry: They have a pantry where you can purchase frozen food, drinks, ice cream, sundries and etc. The plates, utensils and etc. are located in there.

Location: It is located within two miles from the airport.

Parking: Sometimes I have a rental car and finding a parking space can be challenging if you arrive at 11:00 PM and the hotel is booked full.

Airplane Noise: During my 60+ nights at this hotel, I can’t recall hearing an airplane in my room or being wakened by one.

Room: The size of the room are spacious.

Internet: The hotel has both wireless and hard-wired Internet service. In the room, there is an Ethernet cable on the telephone on the desk. I found their Internet service to be fast and reliable.

My two complaints are a pretty slow elevator and the shuttle service pickup from the airport. The hotel has only one elevator and it is very slow. Sometimes the wait for the shuttle service pickup from the airport can be longer than 15 minutes. After a long day of traveling and etc., I want to hit the sack not waiting for a shuttle bus.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank ArizonaRoadWarrior
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Got this thru priceline (thus a 5 for value). Great rooms, Breakfast better than most of this ilk. easy in and out. No complaints other than the airplane noise (they go RIGHT overhead)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SEIdahoThomas
Reviewed April 19, 2009

After two aborted landings on a Alaska Airlines flight it was nice to check into this hotel for stability. The front desk was very accommodating in extending my stay two extra nights and when I asked if they could offer a better price for the two additional nights they made it happen. Once I was in my room the front desk called indicating I had left my rental car keys at the front desk and offered to bring them up. Its that kind of service that makes me want to continue checking into Marriott hotels. The king room with an additional living area had a fold out couch and was more than adequate for my son and I. We used the pool and had breakfast every morning. Even the Breakfast attendant was nice and helped out after we burned the waffles. It's just the little things that add up to a nice stay. There are many choices on hotel row but I would only suggest staying at this location.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tim805
Reviewed November 3, 2008

My wife and I spent three nights here on a weekend sightseeing visit. Easy access to and and from airport. Hotel was relatively new when we stayed. Room and bed were comfortable. Readers should be aware the Springhill suites are only marginally suites. You get a small microwave and refrigerator. There are no plates, glasses, silverware, dining tables or similar items that are found in the related Residence Inn chain. However, you get a small closet, three drawers under the TV, a desk, a chair, and a small couch.

The staff was pleasant and helpful. The location is convenient to the airport but not to much else. This hotel is fine if you are looking for clean comfortable lodging.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank accidental_squirrel
Reviewed October 16, 2008

My idea of ‘Above Average’ may be much different from most willing to settle for an inexpensive room… However, as a business traveler, I look for cleanliness, bed comfort, fast internet, and conveniences like a refrigerator and microwave. A view is always the cherry on top of my rapid rewards.

Okay –
No view - no properties on Airport row have views, tho.
Right off the 205 - great route to Portland and all other 'hoods.
GREAT front desk staff!

Thin walls - I heard the fella on my left talking on his cell; dude on my right blowing his nose. C'mon! Build better buildings! I was on top floor, so I did not have to listen to the Lord of the Dance above me…

> To sum it up:
• Nicely decorated - functional layout. Refrig and Micro - coffee machine, of course. Clean.
• My USB connect AT&T internet thingy was faster than their wireless.
• Loud airplanes above
• noisy housekeeping staff in the morning.
• nothing nearby except for a few trash bars and mini-marts… drive back down Airport Way and you'll find Red Robin and IKEA - that's a PLUS!
• The Gym has two treadmills, a stationary bike and a nice weight machine. No elliptical. Pool and Hot tub were there, but I did not use. Other's did - sometimes the view was grand! ;)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Keytarded