“Great stay, perfect for family” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
SpringHill Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #67 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Santa Cruz, California
“Great stay, perfect for family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Springhill Suites. We are a family of 5 and at most hotels the rooms only accommodate 4 comfortably. At this hotel that wasn't the case. There were two good sizes beds plus a couch that pulled out into a bed. The room was comfortable and a good size. We slept well and didn't experience noise that kept us from sleeping even though we were close to the airport. There was a nice indoor hot tub and pool that were open to 11 and the exercise room was open 24 hours, it had weights as well as machines. Breakfast was better than expected with many options like cereal, bagels, yogurt, sausage, fruit, eggs, etc. Having the breakfast included with our stay helped save money for the trip and the hotel price was very reasonable. All in all it was our favorite hotel we stayed in on our vacation. The whole family was very happy. I definitely recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Portland area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Springhill suites provides a shuttle to and from the airport. It has a beautiful, bright lobby and friendly staff. I checked in to a huge surprise: 1 king suite with a kitchen, lovely modern couch, desk and roomy bathroom and vanity. Forget the 4 walls and a bed-- this place is very modern and spacious (at least the 1 b drm. king). Breakfast and luunch also provided.

Room Tip: Well, it's near the airport so be prepared to hear planes coming and going.
Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Asheville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Title kind of says it all actually. We liked this hotel, our only issue was one elevator for five floors, plus the fact that housekeeping use it to take carts up and down. On a lower floor it might not matter, we were on the fifth floor and it became a bit tedious waiting for the elevator.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I bid on Priceline and got a very good price on this room. Checked in and got a room on the 3rd floor. Counter service was friendly and professional. Was able to use one of their carts for my bags and suit. Room was clean and spacious. I really liked the suite aspect, with couch and desk in the first area, and small half wall separating the bed area. Bathroom was a sink outside then a door to the toilet and bathtub - pretty standard fare. Room was clean and everything looked relatively new. Slept well, the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were nice. Despite being on the approach path to PDX the airplane traffic noise was minimal and by 11pm the number of airplanes flying over was very small. Slept well through the night but woke up at 6am from hallway noise, which was fine as I planned to get on the road early anyway. Did not use the shower but it looked very clean. Everything looks newly remodeled in this hotel. Grabbed a couple of bananas on the way out for breakfast, did not try the other offerings. Strangely there were no people eating breakfast when I left the hotel at 7am.

The thing that bothered me the most about the room, was the lighting. Though they have new lighting, the light bulbs were cold white balance bulbs, the kind you would expect to find in a hospital room. Very unappealing and very ugly. Quite shocking to find in a hotel room to be honest. So I wasn't able to use the light next to the couch, and the light over the bed was equally horrible. That must be changed immediately. Also the radio next to the bed had such a bright display, with the lights out at night and the blinds drawn for darkness, the entire room was lit up by this little radio display. I unplugged it and that solved that issue. There was some noise coming from inside the bathroom, but fortunately I was able to close the door.

When I came back in the evening after dinner, I went to buy a beer from the lobby shop. The price list that was posted that afternoon, showing the prices for each item, was missing. When I asked the man at the counter about it, he tried to side step my question. He wanted me to just pick what I wanted and bring it to him to ring up, but I wanted to look at the price list. He coldly told me that Marriott had instructed them to take the price list down as it needed updating. Typically the updated price list would be posted immediately, but not in this case. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything with no price list posted.

All in all I would return to this hotel without question, but some things need improvement.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Springhill suites are my favorite hotel chain. This is my second stay at a Springhill and I can't wait to visit another one! The atmosphere is clean, friendly, and has consistent quality in the rooms as well as the best continental breakfast! My only complaint for this location is the lack of towels in the room. We had 2 towels for 4 people. Had to request additional towels. And the hot tub unfortunately was not working for the 3 days we were there. I feel like they did not care to get it fixed. They offered us to use the next door hotels got tub which was nice. Hopefully they have the hot tub fixed by now! Overall I was very pleased with my stay and will stay again!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PDXSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your positive feed back about our hotel. As for the hot tub, we are very sorry it was down for your entire stay. We had ordered a part and when it came in it was the wrong one and they had to reorder it. The part was installed today and I am glad to report it is up and working.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've stayed here a few times now. None of the hotels out by PDX are GREAT, but the Springhill is more than adequate. I've never had any problems with noise here like other reviewers have mentioned. Rooms are clean, but a bit run down. Designed in the standard Springhill design - no surprises there. The desk is more than an adequate size to work. This clearly is a bit of an "older" Springhill but it still is a good place for a good night's sleep and to get some work done. I had no issues with the internet - in fact, I just finished watching a 60 minute online video with no buffering issues at all.

All of the hotels in the area will offer you the sounds of the planes flying overhead and an occasional train going by. That is not unique to this property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed at the Springhill for one night with our two teens. No doubles were available but the king room had an adequate pull out sofa. Large, clean room with separate seating area. Well appointed with mini kitchenette that has a small microwave, fridge and sink. Excellent free breakfast with very good variety, Free in room wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family