“Okay but not up to SpringHill standards” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
SpringHill Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #67 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Oak Park, Illinois, United States
“Okay but not up to SpringHill standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Marriott is my hotel chain of choice when I travel. I usually looked for a Spring Hill because in my past experience they were always just noticeably nicer than the others. Well...not this one. First, the good stuff. Very friendly staff. I had an early Sunday morning flight out. I had to checkout before breakfast was served. The clerk at the desk was nice enough to plug in the toaster and make everything available to me except hot food. Very strong service and I would know as it's what I evaluate for a living.
A very convenient location.
Now the bad. My room smelled odd. The legs on the bedside tables were bent. The hot breakfast food is the worst I have ever had at a hotel.
My job will take me back to Portland in the near future. It's safe to say I will not be back to this particular Marriott hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I checked in late night and got to my room. I went to bed and then the grossness kicked in. It looked like someone had been stabbed. There was Blood drops all over the carpet. That was creepy. The split couch was not good either. I had rolled my ankle and didn't realize the couch was 2 pieces and when I grapped the arm for support, I went down like a ton of bricks. In the bathroom, the trim was coming off the walls and the seal around the toilet was coming off. I stay in hotels about 125 nights a year or more. Worst Marriott property ever.

Room Tip: The bloody room was on the second floor. Avoid king beds on second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike S
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was clean, the staff was great, and it is a good location for anyone needing to catch an early flight. The room was spacious, had a fridge and microwave, and had a good breakfast. Although it is near the airport, I did not hear planes flying overhead which made for nice sleeping.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and kids were looking for a place near the airport after a long flight from Kansas City. They had reservations, but were going to arrived late and had to cancel. They figured, we will just call the SpringHill SuitesMarriott. We have stayed at many SpringHill Suites all over the country and figured this one would be as accommodating as all the rest. NO WAY. They were told by this hotel there were rooms available, but when they arrived, the front desk people told them there were no rooms. My wife had just called them from the airport not 15 minutes prior. The two people at the front desk were totally unhelpful and were condesending to them. It was late, 10:00 in the evening and this place would not even suggest or call the Fairfield or Courtyard accross the street. This was the least friendly Marriott hotel we have ever encountered, and if you happen to fly to Portland, do not stay at the SpringHill Suites Portland Airport.

Room Tip: The Fairfield Marriott accross the street is by far a better selection - very friendly and accommoda...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I am usually very easy to please. In Portland for business and am dreading staying here for a second night. Dirty washcloth in sink upon arrival. Slow checkin process. Room SMELLS AWFUL. television will not work, wanted to wind down after a long day and am now frustrated, was given quick fix instructions on the phone...what?!?! Called back, could come up in 10 minutes to show me how to fix it. Hmmm. Will be asking for a new room in the morning, would change hotels if there weren't 4 of us staying here in 4 different rooms. . I do hundreds of bookings for my work business for our employee travel. I will never consider this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We only stayed here the last night we were in Oregon to be close to the airport for our early morning flight. The room was huge and modern especially compared to the tiny B&Bs I had chosen for most of our nights in Oregon. They have airport shuttle service which allowed us to turn our rental car back in the night before our flight which was a big plus. There is no restaurant except for breakfast but there are places to eat within walking distance or their shuttle service will take you to a shopping area with restaurants. Breakfast was out earlier than advertised which allowed us to still eat there before our early flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gambier, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'd stay here again for the convenience. Good breakfast and very close to the airport. We were put in the hearing impaired room. It was very spacious but no drawers. Big couch to put the luggage on and live out of. Strange closet placement of rack. Top rack way too high for a short person but lower rack just right. Bed comfortable but I always bring extra foam padding. Maids tie up the elevator in the early part of the day. It was faster using the stairs. I've paid more for less and less for more. Decor pleasant and modern. You won't be sorry staying there but you might find a comparable room cheaper somewhere else by the airport or on the other side of town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple