“Nice hotel, good location”

SpringHill Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #82 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was clean, the staff was great, and it is a good location for anyone needing to catch an early flight. The room was spacious, had a fridge and microwave, and had a good breakfast. Although it is near the airport, I did not hear planes flying overhead which made for nice sleeping.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and kids were looking for a place near the airport after a long flight from Kansas City. They had reservations, but were going to arrived late and had to cancel. They figured, we will just call the SpringHill SuitesMarriott. We have stayed at many SpringHill Suites all over the country and figured this one would be as accommodating as all the rest. NO WAY. They were told by this hotel there were rooms available, but when they arrived, the front desk people told them there were no rooms. My wife had just called them from the airport not 15 minutes prior. The two people at the front desk were totally unhelpful and were condesending to them. It was late, 10:00 in the evening and this place would not even suggest or call the Fairfield or Courtyard accross the street. This was the least friendly Marriott hotel we have ever encountered, and if you happen to fly to Portland, do not stay at the SpringHill Suites Portland Airport.

Room Tip: The Fairfield Marriott accross the street is by far a better selection - very friendly and accommoda...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I am usually very easy to please. In Portland for business and am dreading staying here for a second night. Dirty washcloth in sink upon arrival. Slow checkin process. Room SMELLS AWFUL. television will not work, wanted to wind down after a long day and am now frustrated, was given quick fix instructions on the phone...what?!?! Called back, could come up in 10 minutes to show me how to fix it. Hmmm. Will be asking for a new room in the morning, would change hotels if there weren't 4 of us staying here in 4 different rooms. . I do hundreds of bookings for my work business for our employee travel. I will never consider this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We only stayed here the last night we were in Oregon to be close to the airport for our early morning flight. The room was huge and modern especially compared to the tiny B&Bs I had chosen for most of our nights in Oregon. They have airport shuttle service which allowed us to turn our rental car back in the night before our flight which was a big plus. There is no restaurant except for breakfast but there are places to eat within walking distance or their shuttle service will take you to a shopping area with restaurants. Breakfast was out earlier than advertised which allowed us to still eat there before our early flight.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'd stay here again for the convenience. Good breakfast and very close to the airport. We were put in the hearing impaired room. It was very spacious but no drawers. Big couch to put the luggage on and live out of. Strange closet placement of rack. Top rack way too high for a short person but lower rack just right. Bed comfortable but I always bring extra foam padding. Maids tie up the elevator in the early part of the day. It was faster using the stairs. I've paid more for less and less for more. Decor pleasant and modern. You won't be sorry staying there but you might find a comparable room cheaper somewhere else by the airport or on the other side of town.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I thought this hotel was great. Room was spacious, bed and pillows comfortable, bathroom clean, well stocked. 27-32" LCD TV with DirecTV, iPod deck radio, good wifi. Also a sink, fridge and microwave in the living area. The lobby was pleasant, clean and welcoming. Breakfast was adequate, parking was easy, good fitness center. For $100 even, it's somewhat more than I like to pay, but I got everything I expected for that price.

A couple annoyances that really aren't that big of a deal - I didn't like the bedside lamps - they gave off a harsh, unpleasant light. Room layout slightly strange, but I got used to if after a few minutes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Delivers "what it says on the tin" really. Fairly standard Marriott off-shoot. Basic amenities at a reasonable price. handy location. managers cocktail party on Tuesdays was appreciated. Clean. Breakfast was adequate and included in the price. lots of competition in the area and you could do worse than this.