“Not Marriott Quality”

SpringHill Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #83 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I arrived on August 23, 2012
The check in clerk asked me what type of room would I like. I was surprised by that question. I replied. Look at my profile. She did not know how to look at my profile.
Finally I was assigned a room. The TV was about to fall off from the wall.
I called the front desk and asked for a new room. I was moved to a new room. The bed looked like it was slept on. Cigarette burns in the cheap carpet. Stains on the cheap carpet.
Then no High Speen Internet as advertised. I complained to the inexperienced manager. She said she had no control over the internet quality.
Definitely not Marriott Quality.
I will not stay there again until the front desk staff is properly trained and the rooms are remodeled and they offer Highspeed Internet like they advertise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank elliott99362

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was our first time at a Springhill Suites. The location is convenient to the airport and not that far from downtown. The room was clean, and there was a good variety for the free breakfast. We will likely stay there again the next time we visit Portland.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Checked in after arriving from east coast at night. The place is clean and quiet. Room was a suite but open between living area and bedroom. Breakfast was good with choices for most tastes. Close to airport so good if you arrive late or need to leave early. Room had microwave and fridge. Great for longer stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Nice, clean hotel.. I had a one king-bedroom and being a solo traveler it was plenty big for one person. TV's are flat screen which i like. Breakfast was very crowded so if you have a family you may have a hard time grabbing a table at peak times. My toilet broke down on my final morning and the front desk lady seemed fairly uninterested but said she would inform the owner later when they come in.. I didn't need it anymore but if I stayed i would have expected a maintenance person immediately. Overall, nice stay and no major issues.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our first time experience at a Springhill Suites. Well thought of computer/desk lighting area as well as nice bedding and comfy sleep. The staff was friendly. We were close to food and car rental for return. We will return when we fly into PDX next time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

First let me say we have stayed here many times over the last 5 years and have been satisfied every time. Since our last visit the rooms, lobby & breakfast area have been redone - mostly for the better. But we stayed for 9 nights and the redone rooms simply do not have enough drawer space for 2 people. there are exactly 2 small drawers and a few small shelfs. Way too little for 2 people for that many days. I spoke to the manager about it and she said she has tried to get better drawer space but cannot. Also with the redone beadroom space you cannot fully open the small closet door. About half open is all you can get without moving the bedside table out of the way. there is a lot of room to put a full size chest of drawers as many Marriott's have. the breakfast is nice - typical Springhill fare - but over 9 days it did not change. One day we had sliced watermelon but every other day was exactly the same. The pool is nice but there were underage kids in ther without supervision. I complained to the desk but they said there was nothing they could do. This was the last time we will stay there since there are mant other hotels all around including a Holiday Inn Express they share a parking lot with. Good thing since the Springhill doesn't have anywhere close to enough parking.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms at the front of the hotel - any floor is fine - since they are bigger then othe...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This SpringHill Suites is consistent with the brand. The bedding, breakfast and room appointments were all good quality. The pool was a perfect temp and a decent size. Our favorite part of the room was the two laptop areas, one the main desk area and the second a laptop stand you could use while sitting on the comfy contemporary couch. It was perfect for my husband and me who like our own laptop space. I really like the retro feel of their new color scheme, it's part Miami, part Jetsons. The kitchen area with its own sink came in really handy. Our only complaint is that they made this hotel, like so many others, with just one elevator which made for long waits up and down to our room on the 4th floor. Easy to get to downtown Portland by light rail or car.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family